Small lighting problem

DDCreateDDCreate Posts: 1,384

I'm sure there is a simple answer for this but I am having a hard time getting lighting to work in the Holiday Nook environment. This picture has a spot light I installed at 85000.0 in addition to Interior ALR and an HDR light. It still looks kinda cool but I'd really rather have more light in the room. With all that loaded, does anyone know why the lights don't really work?

Xmas.jpg
1533 x 950 - 221K

Comments

• It looks as if there's enough light to converge the majority of the image, so you may just need to adjust the Tone Mapping options in Render Settings. The risk there is that when you do lighten the imaeg you will find there's a lot of noise.

• DDCreateDDCreate Posts: 1,384

I was hoping to get it closer to this...

http://www.daz3d.com/holiday-nook-poses-and-props

You really think adding some more light would mess it up?

• I think that probably has a fairly large plane light (you can set the a spot or point light to have a shape and size in the parameters pane) to give a kind of ambient light, or it may be using an HDRI to light the scene (from the Environment settings in Render Settings) judging by the shadow down the far edge of the fireplace wall. So if you want that kind of effect more light should work fine.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

I think that probably has a fairly large plane light (you can set the a spot or point light to have a shape and size in the parameters pane) to give a kind of ambient light, or it may be using an HDRI to light the scene (from the Environment settings in Render Settings) judging by the shadow down the far edge of the fireplace wall. So if you want that kind of effect more light should work fine.

If you do use a spot or point, the dimensions are in centimeters...