Isometric view in Daz 4.5?

edited December 1969 in New Users

Hi all, I'm still finding my way around Daz Studio 4.5, and I was wanting to render my model in Isometric view, like the image that will hopefully come up in the attachment here.

What do I need to do to render in isometric view?

isometricwalkcycle3.jpg
348 x 358 - 62K

Comments

• prixatprixat Posts: 1,585
    edited December 1969

Hi hannagan

you can get a 45 degree isometric by putting in a camera and switching off the 'perspective' in the camera settings.

• edited December 1969

Thank you, prixat! I've created a camera named "Isometric View" with the "perspective" setting turned off, and that seems to be what I'm looking for.

I'm having one problem with this when I animate the model... If I'm animating in Perspective View, I can set the model to animate in place (not move while walking), by locking the X/Y/Z Translations in the sidebar. However, when I try the same thing under the Isometric View camera, the model still moves forward instead of remaining in place.

Is there something I need to do to the camera settings in order to animate in place when using a custom camera view?

• edited December 1969

I just figured this one out. For anybody else with the same question, you select the model/object (in this case Genesis) and hit the Frame button amongst the Camera controls. That seems to pin the camera to the object. I'm sure somebody more experienced could word that better :cheese: