Gensis figure missing some triangle faces on body

treecatttreecatt Posts: 6
edited December 1969 in New Users

I just downloaded and installed Daz Studio 4.5 Pro 64 bit. When I load the Genesis figure (male, female, child, Michael or Victoria) various triangular faces are missing. Applying texture doesn't correct this. Any body else run into this problem? I am using Windows 7 Professional x64 running on a Dell Precision 690 workstation with a nVidia Quadro 4000 video card.

BasicMale_bad.jpg
1920 x 1040 - 373K

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Your Video Card should easily handle this from reading the specs. If the driver is not recent, you could try updating that.

You could also look in Edit > Preferences > Interface > Display Optimization, and set it to 'None' I have a similar machine to yours, and I had to do that. It is still set that way, and I never have any problems with display nowadays.

See if that helps any

• Hiro ProtagonistHiro Protagonist Posts: 699
    edited January 2013

It looks like your NVIDIA drivers have been updated (possibly by Windows update). At some point in 2012 their OpenGL drivers introduced this problem. My systems (two different Quadro cards) updated to NVIDIA drivers dated November (and insist on trying to do so, but I have turned automatic updating off) and this introduced the problem to me. I found that later drivers fixed this issue, but caused DAZ Studio to crash. After trying 3 or 4 drivers from earlier in 2012, I reverted to the original drivers provided with my systems, which are from around Jan 2012, and I have no problems with these. It's possible that even more recent drivers may have improved the situation, but I haven't tried any since early December.

It's not just Studio that is affected; the issues in Blender are even worse.

Thanks for that tip, Jimmy. I'm not sure I tried that. As my systems are now stable I won't try it now, but I'd be interested to know if that fixes the problem for treecatt.

Post edited by Hiro Protagonist on
  • treecatttreecatt Posts: 6
    edited December 1969

Thanks to both of you for your response. Interestingly, I found the display optimization set to None. Changing it to Better or Best cleared up the display problem. Go figure.

FYI, my nVidia display driver is dated 10/2/2012 version 9.18.13.697.