Genesis Problems

edited December 1969 in New Users

Hello all,

I'm rather new to DAZ Studio so please bear with me.

I recently purchased the Young Teen bundle and when I try to import it through my library in the content section, it says

/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Genesis.dsf

File Not found

Is there any way I can get genesis separately? I read that you get it through DAZ but it seems that I haven't got it yet.

I really like these characters and so please can I have some help?

Also, could I import these models into Blender? Thanks

Comments

• SafeunderdarkSafeunderdark Posts: 0
    edited January 2013

You need Genesis as a base to be able to load Young teen bundle.

They need Genesis to work, so you cant load young teen without the basic Genesis figure.

You can however directly load a young teen figure into a scene without first loading a Genesis figure.

If there is a way to port Genesis to Blender it should work, but I'm not sure..
    If you download Daz studio 4.5 you should have a basic genesis figure you can work with for the young teen bundle.

Post edited by Safeunderdark on
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Did you install Genesis Starter Essentials?

• edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:
    Did you install Genesis Starter Essentials?

I heard about that...how do I get that?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

It will be among the downloads for DS4.5 -- the application and the content are in separate installers.

• SafeunderdarkSafeunderdark Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

If you have the Daz Studio 4.5. there should be a Genesis Starter Essentials somewhere,
    if you install that you should have the Genesis figure in your content.

If not sure, look HERE

• edited December 1969

If you have the Daz Studio 4.5. there should be a Genesis Starter Essentials somewhere,
    if you install that you should have the Genesis figure in your content.

If not sure, look HERE

The only thing this sorta the same is DAZ_3d_Content but that's just an icon...

• edited December 1969

You need Genesis as a base to be able to load Young teen bundle.

They need Genesis to work, so you cant load young teen without the basic Genesis figure.

You can however directly load a young teen figure into a scene without first loading a Genesis figure.

If there is a way to port Genesis to Blender it should work, but I'm not sure..
    If you download Daz studio 4.5 you should have a basic genesis figure you can work with for the young teen bundle.

When I do that, it turns out in a block format

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Log into your store account...the My Account button up at the top of the page.

Then, My Downloadable Products. Once there look for...the version number for the standard version will be 1.6, not 1.11...but other than that it should be the same.

007.png
    941 x 381 - 48K
  • edited December 1969

Thanks for the help. I downloaded genesis and now I can upload the teens.

But now, I can only upload the people...clothes and poses cannot be uploaded. It says

An error occurred when reading the file, see the log for more details...

Where is the log and why is it doing this?

• edited December 1969

Nevermind, I fixed it! Thanks