Picture Bridge in Crossover

edited December 1969 in New Users

Hi!

I am glad to have managed installing DAZ studio 4.5 32-bit in the latest crossover Build, so it is running under Xubuntu Linux now. I installed some free content, too, all is working very well. I have installed Photoshop 7 into the same bottle (simulated Windows). Photoshop is supported by crossover and runing very well. I installed Photobridge. I can initialize it in DAZ and get a new camera that I can move around. I find the Plugin in the right Place in Photoshop. When I try to run the plugin, it crashes with an "The program could not be executed, because an error occured" message. Photoshop and DAZ are still running, but I can't seem to get the import Window started. Does the bridge require any special things (-net framework, C++ libraries, whatever) that I could add to the bottle?

Does Anyone have experience with that? Please help, it would be a great feature to get this working :)

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I think that you will find that your version of Photoshop is not supported. I think you would need a newer version.

• edited December 1969

Guess I overlooked that:

requires Photoshop CS4 or higher

dammit! But thank you for your quick reply!

CS5 got a crap rating for crossover, CS6, too. Now that turns up the question: where to get old CS4 for small money?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Best of luck with that. I too run PS 7, am completely out of Adobe's upgrade path now, and no chance of affording a newer version anytime soon. On the other hand I am quite happy with PS 7, does most everything I need.

• edited December 1969

Yes, that is why i used it for such a long time. Got CS2 at work, which is working well in corssover, too. Can't use that either. Considered switching to 5.5 or 6 at work and home (could access the education licence) because it's the first real improvement with 64bit and such.... but it's just impossible to run :-(

So I guess it's CS4 used or something... :-/