tranfering poser clothes with extra bones.

edited December 1969 in New Users

Is it an way to transfeer clothes who have extra bones to genesis. Typically an skirt / loincloth with hip, then front1- front2- front3- front4 or an hair with braids. Yes you could parent the item however thought if it was an way to keep them.

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

What figure is the clothing made for?

Clothing made for earlier DAZ 3D figures like V4 and even V3 can be transferred to Genesis using Autofit inside DAZ Studio, but Autofit does not work inside Poser, and it only works in DS for figures for which you have bought the iconic shape.

• edited December 1969

Made for V4 and I want to use with genesis in daz studio. The auto fit feature works very well except clothes with extra bones/ parts like hair with braids and other items with extra parts.
    This is probably the best example http://www.sharecg.com/v/61252/browse/11/Poser/Leia-Costume-for-V4
    Both the skirt, chain and hair would lose their segments and would end up with standard body parts.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Sorry, I think I answered the wrong post :red:

I don't think Autofit will help you there. I am not sure if it can be done at all, but maybe GenX would work if you have that?

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Use the transfer utility instead of AutoFit.

• WolpiWolpi Posts: 323
    edited December 1969

What is the "transfer utility" ??

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,289
    edited December 1969

The Transfer Utility copies the bones from a source figure to a target, and projects the weights from source to target so that it bends in the same way (ish, it's likely to need adjusting and extra bones will need creation if required). It is found in the Edit>Object and Edit>Figure menus.