Lara Croft

Good day, where I could find morphs face of Lara Croft and her clothes and hair to Genesis 3?

Comments

• IsaacNewtonIsaacNewton Posts: 1,300

There is a V4 version at R'osity. If there is a g3f version, you may find it shown here http://www.beammeup.net/blog/3d-celebrities/poser-celebrities-1.php

• samurlesamurle Posts: 94
    edited February 2017

I remember seeing a look-alike Lara.  Found it here:
    http://www.daz3d.com/laura-for-genesis-3-female-s

They call her "Laura".  I think they use Exnem Holster & Gun props in promo shots.

I don't know the product name of the braided hair.

Post edited by samurle on
  • I hesitate to use such products- I've had "fan art" using a particular celeb look alike morph/texture set by the celeb's marketing/law firm from a few sites already.

• I hesitate to use such products- I've had "fan art" using a particular celeb look alike morph/texture set by the celeb's marketing/law firm from a few sites already.

In the evening I get home (I'm at work) will show what happened.

edited February 2017

Lara Croft is fictional.  She has no particular copyrightable look, unless you think guns and tight pants are unique.

• Lara Croft is owned by Square Enix Europe under the Tomb Raider video games.  This includes artistic copyright of the figures within the games, the character included.  

• I'm no lawyer, but I don't see anyone using her name or video game models here on the Daz Store.

edited February 2017

You also have to be aware that what you see in the promo pictures, are user creations of their own imagination.  You only get the base character.  You have to buy your own hair, your own clothes, your own props and accessories, etc... You don't get "Lara Croft", nor does the Daz Store sell "Lara Croft".  But, you can create your own look-alike if you buy enough accessories.

• While I used a V4 figure to shape into a male, used my own skin creation, three different hair sets worked in and it wasn't an exact copy of any photo, the likeness was enough to have the renders removed.  Artistic ownership does not mean exact copy, but rather any variation of the original creation that looks close enough on any platform that could be taken as infringement.  Do what you want with it, I'm no lawyer as well.  I only wanted to inform.

edited February 2017

Yes, I agree, what you do with it, is an entirely different question though.  Create art for your own personal use, or share it on the Internet are two different things.

• If you want something close to the big screen adaptations, this is a great Jolie look-alike for G3F:

http://www.daz3d.com/joline-for-genesis-3-female-s

There was also a good costume for G2F, which was clearly based upon the character's official appearance in the 'reboot' game from a few years ago. Haven't attempted to auto-fit it to G3F - don't know if there are any issues doing that. Also had equipment which was clearly modelled from the game props, like the yellow walkie-talkies. They should hopefully still look fine if doing Iray renders.

http://www.daz3d.com/vault-rustler

http://www.daz3d.com/vault-rustler-equipment

SMay's 'Stalker Girl' hair still auto-fits fairly well for a decent Lara-like style:

http://www.daz3d.com/stalker-girl-hair

They also do a really good 'Stalker Girl' set in general, which is clearly inspired by Lara Croft. It's for Genesis, but the morph is great, not sure if the clothing and boots need Iray shaders applied. They should be fine.

• Vault Rustler!  Where do they come up with these names. :)

Hi Darwin'sMishap, You make a very good point about copyright regarding celebs and fictional characters. However, let's turn this problem into an advantage. A company like DAZ3d has the financial clout and professional high standing to approach a selection of celebs and companies owning copyright on fictional characters and striking a deal with them to licence the right to use the likeness of said celeb or fictional character in making a 3d figure look-a-like. DAZ3d could produce a series of figures of famous people or personalities. That would be so much more interesting than (yawn) yet another set of iconic 7 figures which are not really so very different than others that have gone before. Having to buy a licence (presumably for each character) may not be cheap, but the cost could be passed on to the buyer by having such celeb characters set at a premium price. Moreover, there may even be the option of actual digital scanning of the person in some cases and/or the advantage of having DAZ3d's expert morphers producing the characters. Or if DAZ3d's own experts are too busy (designing Gen4? hehe) they could commission some of their top PAs to make the celeb figure morphs.

• Hi Darwin'sMishap, You make a very good point about copyright regarding celebs and fictional characters. However, let's turn this problem into an advantage. A company like DAZ3d has the financial clout and professional high standing to approach a selection of celebs and companies owning copyright on fictional characters and striking a deal with them to licence the right to use the likeness of said celeb or fictional character in making a 3d figure look-a-like. DAZ3d could produce a series of figures of famous people or personalities. That would be so much more interesting than (yawn) yet another set of iconic 7 figures which are not really so very different than others that have gone before. Having to buy a licence (presumably for each character) may not be cheap, but the cost could be passed on to the buyer by having such celeb characters set at a premium price. Moreover, there may even be the option of actual digital scanning of the person in some cases and/or the advantage of having DAZ3d's expert morphers producing the characters. Or if DAZ3d's own experts are too busy (designing Gen4? hehe) they could commission some of their top PAs to make the celeb figure morphs.

That's the problem; as I mentioned at another time, they've done it exactly one other time in nearly 18 years. If they've not done it more often, there must be a reason why, and I suspect it's that they don't make back what they spent to get permission to do it.

• You have to ask - how many celebrities would want their clones appearing in imagery at Renderotica? It happens anyway, in 2D and 3D, but at least that's not an official representation.

• You have to ask - how many celebrities would want their clones appearing in imagery at Renderotica? It happens anyway, in 2D and 3D, but at least that's not an official representation.

It already happened with one or two celebrities.  But those stars were from the adult side of Hollywood.

• nelsonsmithnelsonsmith Posts: 1,325
    edited February 2017

Well, if it's the image that Daz has among the general populace, that making such deals hard to acquire, then it's the image that Daz has fostered for itself, because that's the crowd they've most catered to and responded to.

When people suggest products that would make the software have a wider appeal, we're always told how "that doesn't sell" and all other excuses, and made to undergo a steep learning curve to get those assets.

Post edited by nelsonsmith on

You have to ask - how many celebrities would want their clones appearing in imagery at Renderotica? It happens anyway, in 2D and 3D, but at least that's not an official representation.

You have a point, sadly. So we are doomed to rely on "similar but not too close - look-a-likes" made by well meaning amateurs who hopefully don't get themselves in to trouble with copyright law. Just in case someone decides to use the likeness for a purpose which was not intended by the celeb.

Sigh!

On the other hand one might suggest, "Such is the price of fame!"

Hey ho, I admit defeat... it ain't gonna happen!

• LintonLinton Posts: 541
    samurle said:

Vault Rustler!  Where do they come up with these names. :)

in the 'Don't Sue Me' section