help w/ Nu System Build

EastTexasEastTexas Posts: 0
edited January 2013 in New Users

Need help w/ Nu System Build: I would like to stay around $1k for a cheapskate dream ;}

CPU Wars
FX-8350, i5 3570 (None K) or i7 quad dream if I can find a deal...
I don't plan on doing any OC'n

Motherboards
For intel I know at least z77.
Can a i5 use a x79?

Graphics Cards
GeForce 6xx vs Radeon - Which is better for Web-Graphic Design, Video Editing & 3D Rendering?
FirePro vs Quadro - maybe an over kill? All I can afford is the Cheaper $150 or less cards.

Storage
Cheap 120 GB SSD & 1TB WD Black HD

Memory
16 GB to 32 BG - Which Brand and sets 2/4?
RamDisk vs SSD which is best for my needs?

PSU Size
Which Brand & I'm guessing 500W at least?

OS
Windows 8 Pro & Linux

*NOTE: This is for a none gamer, I use mainly Corel for my graphic & video needs. I may make a leap to Adobe's camp?
3D Rendering - Free or Cheap.

I don't think a laptop can even be feasible for what I want to do?

Above all I want to remove as much as a bottleneck as I can.

Post edited by EastTexas on

Comments

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

I am getting a new one soon and I will be going for an i7 as they seem to be the better value for power compared to i5
    Graphics I used to be an ATI but I wil be opting for a Nvida GTX 660/670 or 680 depending what I can afford at the time.
    Storgae the Solid State HDD is ok but I would go for a 2TB Hard Drive
    Ram as much as you can afford..I am opting for 32GB
    PSU I will be going for 600 to 800 watts just to make sure
    As for the OS well for me I will be going for Win 7 Ultimate so I can use 32GB of Ram

• EastTexasEastTexas Posts: 0
    edited January 2013

Be sure the Motherboard can handle 32 GB or More of DDR!!!
    I have came across some that max out at 16 GB!!!

edited January 2013

Worth looking at for info...

http://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/Adobe-Premiere-Pro-CS6-GPU-Acceleration-162

For the best possible speeds, the GeForce GTX 660 Ti, GTX 670, GTX 680, and GTX 580 all have essentially identical performance, which makes the GTX 660 Ti a very strong candidate as it is much cheaper than the other cards.

From a native support standpoint, the GTX 680 is a great choice simply because you do not need to manually edit any configuration files in order for MPE GPU acceleration to function.

Video card you want to look for one with at least 2GB of vRAM.

With Posts like this I question Quadro is worth the extra cost?

No response on this one...
    Muhammed Ahmed
    i have installed a quadro 4000 recently, and see no improvement in premiere pro cs6 performance.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/351930-33-quadro-4000-adobe-premiere
    jumanous

As of yet the 600 series of cards is not supported. You can't even hack it to get support. Something weird with the new architecture. What this means is in after effects you don't get any hardware ray-tracing. At this point if I was getting a new card I would be getting a 580GTX as it is the fastest supported card that isn't a quadro (and doesn't require the selling of a lung). Or if you can afford a quadro 6000 it might be worth it, but the price on those is a killer. Just on observation, I have found the Quadro 4000 is pretty gutless. The 470 GTX seems to have more performance (I have a 470 and a quadro 4000). I noticed no improvement using 4K footage with the quadro.

That said, I didn't do extensive testing. I just know in blender the 470 murders the 4000 in rendering.

edited January 2013

From what I can tell; The AMD FX-8350 does well with video and 3D rendering, but that is about it?

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Good advice on the motherboard which I noted a while back.

The GTX 680 it is then for me. :)

edited December 1969

Anymore Advice for CPU, Motherboards, Graphics Cards, Storage, PSU and Memory ?