No textures for hallway?

niallbeirneniallbeirne Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

Doing my head in here........ I bought the 'Parkside High Hallways' prop, but when installed the structures appear but with an error saying it can't find the 'textures in runtime/texture/park....jpg' etc. So I end up loading blank white outlines. I installed the program to 'mylibrary'. There are resource files attached but I have no idea what to do with it. I installed it to mylibrary as well just incase and a folder now resides there with templates that don't match what the program is looking for. The jpg.s all end in '_T' and the error messages are saying things like "can't find cor_clfr_B" when the one in templates ends in _T. In anycase these templates aren't textures? I don't seem to have any textures for this prop at all.

What gives? Is this why it was so cheap at $1.99?

Comments

• MedzinMedzin Posts: 337
    edited January 2013

The installer has two files

12607_2_ds_ParksideHighHallways_2.exe
    12607_1_dpc_ParksideHighHallways_1.exe

The first one doesn't have textures but the other one does.

Post edited by Medzin on
  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Yep sounds like you didn't install the textures or installed them somewhere else. I have all Parkside and they all work 100%....and no there are 1.99 becasue of the Platinum Club pricing and not beacuse they are substandard.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

This is what is known as a Poser Content File that comes with Updated Textures to work in both Poser Or DS. For many items you will find that Both Files must be installed to get the content needed for use as shown in the Promo's. My rule of thumb is to Read the Read me at the End of each install and check it to see if DS textures are in the LIST of Files installed. If not I install both files.

• niallbeirneniallbeirne Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Yes, thanks. I have them now.
    Who would have thought you'd need to install Poser.exe for Daz3d...I'm such a newbie.:red:

Another problem - No free stuff is showing. The free Millenium Dog LE doesn't show anywhere after installing both the meta.exe and the main one. It's not in the smart content or library content.
    The Diner Food 2 doesn't show except for it's library path but it contains nothing. I can locate it and drag and drop the items into Daz3d though.
    As for other things like emotiguy, aiko 3 base, millenium big cat - none of these are showing or locatable despite being in 'installed content'.

edited January 2013

Who would have thought you’d need to install Poser.exe for Daz3d…I’m such a newbie

Yeah it is how Daz3D came to be and why they can and do use Poser Formats.

Ok your content issues....First off look at where you installed the content and take a screenshot and post it here with the folder expanded...I have a feeling that you have an imbeded folder that should be one level up OR you aren't looking in the wrong place.

Most older non Gnesis content will be found in the Content Library Pane under Poser Formats > My Library > Figures or Props depending on the content.

Post edited by Szark on
  • niallbeirneniallbeirne Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

2 seconds after reading your post..'sigh', yeah there they are - under Poser.

Thank you.

Not sure if I'm dumb or lazy by not even bothering to check the Poser section. I just assumed they wouldn't work. Well I think that's about it for problems now. Time to actually make something.

edited December 1969

Tip: Never assume anything. :)

Here is the history of Daz Studio http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DAZ_Studio which should explain why Daz Studio can use Poser formats. Plus here is an explaination of the different formats http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/tech_articles/file_extensions/start