M4 Pro Bundle Not Loading to DAZ 4.5 Pro - HELP!

Hurricane-HektorHurricane-Hektor Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hi everyone! Just purchased the M4 Pro Bundle and I'm having problems loading it on to the DAZ 4.5 Pro. It also did the same to my Hiro 4 Pro Bundle, as well as to the Victoria 4.2 Base.

I even tried typing the destination folder manually and it did not work! Am I doing something wrong? Or is the program not compatible with version 4 models/items? If they are, how do I go about installing them?

I wrote to support, but it's been about 5 hours already and was just wondering if anyone was here that could help me out too.

I'm a total noob to the 3d world, but willing to learn if I can find someone who has the patience to teach/help me. Thanks for your time!

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Where did you install it to? The correct path is the My Library folder, and not any sub-folder below it. These files are all in Poser Format, and you will find them in the Content Library > Poser Formats > Figures > DAZ People. They will not appear in Smart Content.

Hiro 4 is a morph of M4, and M4 needs to be installed first, and then Hiro 4 installed to the same place.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,448
    edited January 2013

Are you just having problem finding them? If so they are in Poser Format/My Library/Figure/Daz People

Edited: Sorry Jimmy cross posted

Post edited by frank0314 on
  • Hurricane-HektorHurricane-Hektor Posts: 0
    edited January 2013

I did install them to my Library, but it's not showing up when I open the program, nor do they show up in any DAZ files! :(

All I did was buy them from the DAZ site, downloaded them, and then I installed them. It didn't come in zip files, it came as a regular DAZ download.

This is what came up when installing M5 Pro Bundle: "C:\Users\Hector\Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library"

But when I tried to load the M4 Pro Bundle, it gave me this: ""C:\Users\Hector\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library" and it gave me the same destination with the Hiro 4 package. ???

I did try to install it with both addresses, but neither one worked! ><</p>

So, just what am I doing wrong??? I thought I was doing it correctly! LOL

EDIT: I opened the program and looked where you said, nothing showed up but M5 and Anatomy. No M4 or Hiro4.

Post edited by Hurricane-Hektor on
    edited December 1969

That is the correct place to install these bundels into.

Are you saying now that they did not install? Where are you looking for these items? As already stated, these are in POSER format, and you will need to look in the CONTENT LIBRARY pane under Poser Formats > My Library > Figures > DAZ People.

If you are looking in SMART CONTENT you will not find them.

edited December 1969

EDIT: I opened the program and looked where you said, nothing showed up but M5 and Anatomy. No M4 or Hiro4.

I have just seen your EDIT.

If you can see M5, you are NOT looking in Poser Formats as M5 is a Genesis figure, and will only appear in DAZ Studio Formats. Please look in Poser Formats in the Content Library pane.

edited January 2013

these are in POSER format, and you will need to look in the CONTENT LIBRARY pane under Poser Formats > My Library > Figures > DAZ People.

If you are looking in SMART CONTENT you will not find them.

Yep, that's where I looked, the other side bar, where the Content Library, Parameters and such are. It shows Anatomy, Michael 5 Heroic and regular Michael 5 with a beard. lol Nothing else tho.

About the address destination, does it matter how it is written? Because when you look at the destination folder for the M5 bundle, it's different from the destination folder for the M4 bundle? Look at the lines, these, //// \\\\, not sure what they are called, but they are different from each other. I tried writing it the way the M5 bundle showed, but that didn't work either! LOLOL

Post edited by Hurricane-Hektor on
    edited December 1969

I am lost Hector. If these items did not install, you would have got an error message. Please look at the screenshot below.

That is where you must look.

Untitled-1.jpg
    812 x 864 - 312K
    edited December 1969

That's where I looked, but like I mentioned, nothing is there but a folder for Anatomy, and one for M5 Heroic and regular M5 with a beard.

And when I was installing them, I didn't get an error message, that's why I was wondering why I couldn't find them when I went to go look for them.... I am sooo lost with this right now! ><</p>

But yes, I double checked, and made sure I was looking in the Content Library, on the right side panel with the Parameters, Tool Settings and Scene.

Should I try to install them with the address that was used by the M5 bundle? Because the one for the M4 and Hiro4 bundle have the same destination folder but the slashes are different.

Thanks for your time!!!

edited December 1969

Have you tried re-importing your metadata?

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    Have you tried re-importing your metadata?

I have no idea what that is or how to go about doing it, this is all new to me! LOL

Sorry for being such a noob! ><</p>

edited December 1969

Right click on the Content Library tab>Content DB Maintenance> Re-Import Metadat

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    Right click on the Content Library tab>Content DB Maintenance> Re-Import Metadat

Okay, will do! I will let you know what that does for me. Thank you again for your time and help!!!

• MedzinMedzin Posts: 337
    edited December 1969

That's where I looked, but like I mentioned, nothing is there but a folder for Anatomy, and one for M5 Heroic and regular M5 with a beard.

And when I was installing them, I didn't get an error message, that's why I was wondering why I couldn't find them when I went to go look for them.... I am sooo lost with this right now! ><<br />

If you can see M5, you are not looking at right format library

Look at screen shot posted, It has "Poser Formats" highlighted in first column

edited December 1969

WOOOT!!!! :D:D:D:D

>>>>>Right click on the Content Library tab>Content DB Maintenance> Re-Import Metadata<<<<< WORKED BEAUTIFULLY!!!</p>

THANK YOU!!!!

I really do appreciate the time taken to help me out with this issue!!! Thank you again, and considering that this is all new to me, I'm sure you'll see my face around here often! LOL ;P

edited December 1969

Not a problem. We are here to help

edited December 1969

I forgot to ask, now that I know how to find the M4 files when I install them when they don't appear, does that mean that all version 4 characters/items will be found there and not in the smart content part? And will the auto-fit work on those files? Thank you again for your help!

edited December 1969

All figures prior to Genesis were in Poser format, so yes.

Autofit is for fitting Gen4 clothing to Genesis, and even Gen3 if you have the Iconic Shapes for Genesis. It should pop up automatically when you try to apply Gen4 clothing to Genesis.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I forgot to ask, now that I know how to find the M4 files when I install them when they don't appear, does that mean that all version 4 characters/items will be found there and not in the smart content part? And will the auto-fit work on those files? Thank you again for your help!
    Some Items are getting up dated so they now show in the Smart content Tab, but only if a Metadata up date has been made for that item. But they will still need the Autofit to work on Genesis. Only finding them in Smart content will have been added not a 100% conversion to genesis.

I hope this helps you some.