Help with Rendering in DAZ 4.5

ShaebediShaebedi Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

I am still new to DAZ and have used 4 and now I have 4.5. When I attempt to render the image in DAZ it sits and does nothing what so ever. I left it over night and half the day and it never began to render. Am I doing something wrong?

DirectX version UNKNOWN (I did upgrade DirectX not long ago, perhaps a month or two)
PCIe 16x 1gig GDR
3 gig ram
1 TB HDD

Thanks in advance for any information anyone can give.

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Please look in the Log file in Help > Troubleshooting > View Log File to see if it says anything about your problem. Please DO NOT post the entire log file here.

Have you tried just loading a simple figure with no lights, and rendering that? Is there a window behind your main window that you cannot see? Try minimising DS4 to see if there is a window behind.

• ShaebediShaebedi Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

There are no windows open behind it. I removed the lights to render and still nothing. I tried spot render and that don't seem to be working either.

I did however find out what was wrong. Across the top there are tabs 'Actors, Wardrobe and Props' 'Pose & Animate' 'Lights & Cameras' 'Render'

When I am on Render, the rendering does not work. When I go back to Actors wardrobe and props it renders fine. Not sure what that is about.

Thanks for the reply.