Genisis V5 and what I can use

PSD_StevePSD_Steve Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

I am fairly new to Daz and am looking over content. I see items listed for V4 V4.2 etc etc. I have V5 and Genesis, can I only use content for them? is there backward compatibility?

Thanks

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

V5 items are NOT compatible with V4. Genesis is a completely new model, different Geometry and Rigging to V4, and V5 is a morph of Genesis. You should still be able to use the Autofit plugin to fit V4 clothing to Genesis figures, but it wont work out of the box.

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

Earlier items largely work fine on Genesis and Victoria 5 using the autofit tool. Occasionally there can be problems, especially with skirts which might need some extra work to look right in your scene.

• PSD_StevePSD_Steve Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks, I'll just have to see how it works out I suppose

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

Skin textures for V4 work fine on Genesis/V5.
    Clothing for V4 AutoFits to Genesis/V5 (but not always perfectly, especially footwear)
    Poses for V4 work, more or less, with Genesis/V5...sometimes they work quite well, sometimes they need some adjustments
    Hair for V4 can be used on Genesis/V5 (sometimes it just works, sometimes it takes some tinkering...see my tutorial)
    Morphs and expressions for V4 do not work on Genesis/V5, at least not without purchasing additional products to make them work (for best results, you'll need V4 Morphs ++, Genesis Generation X, AND the V4 Shape for Genesis)