Fix Camera Position

WolpiWolpi Posts: 323
edited January 2013 in New Users

Meanwhile I'm working with complex scenarios and several characters in one scene. So I made the experience where my PC has got its limits. In order to render such a complex scene I have to do it part by part and put all together afterwords in another program.
My problem is that the image position (angle of view) has to be exactly the same everytime and I thought I could do it by creating a camera. But I didn't manage to keep it in the same position, at least when I change into the render modus. I think this might be possible somehow. Can anybody give me an advice? (By then I got to help myself by creating four objects in the corners.:shut:)

By the way I wonder what a camera position is for when it changes its position through no fault of one's own

Post edited by Wolpi on

Comments

• adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited December 1969

Make certain that after you create a camera, you SWITCH to that camera. To do so, on the viewport, use the camera pulldown and select the name of the newly created camera.

201301151152_cameras.png
    232 x 257 - 9K
  • WolpiWolpi Posts: 323
    edited December 1969

Thank you, adamr001, I did so but the position of the camera changes without my fault as I stepped to the render modus!

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

The camera position should not change unless you move it yourself. If you save a Scene, and you do not hav a camera created from the Create menu, and you only are using the Perspective view, then it will always change. The Perspective view is not saved with the scene, and it always loads at the default position, no matter what is was set to when saved.

Cameras will remain at the saved position. You must remember to select the created camera in the viewport settings to render from that position, selecting it in the Scene pane will not make any changes to the render.