Trading Floor Outfit for G3 - Wow!

BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,990
edited February 2017 in The Commons

I have to say I was hesitant at first about buying this suit, as it's G3, and I am using mostly using G2. In the end, I did, and I was really pleasently surprised by the look and the morphs this suit has.

http://www.daz3d.com/trading-floor-outfit-for-genesis-3-male-s

And the best thing, it works great with G2. Even the shoes! heart

Thank you very much, Luthbellina and Mada, for creating this item.

Here's Sheppard for M6 sporting the suit. As you can see the opening morphs of the jacket are working without any distortions. The same goes for the other morphs I have tested.

SuitM6.jpg
1262 x 2080 - 368K
Post edited by BeeMKay on

Comments

• BeeMKay said:
    And the best thing, it works great with G2. Even the shoes! heart

Thats an excellent reason for purchase right there? How are the shoes? Do they fit ok? They look good in your render...

• Silver DolphinSilver Dolphin Posts: 1,592

Very nice suit, I bought it too because it is soo usefull.

• BurstAngelBurstAngel Posts: 761

I just wonder how well the jacket morphs when sitting down.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560

Yes I liked the set very much. It is a nice value.

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,990
    edited March 2017

Shoes: They fit great, and have two fitting morphs. But I totally love that they bend without distortions.

Suit&Sitting: There's a morph for the back, I have used it on the G2 in this the example. The G3M shows the jacket without using the morph.

G3 is Edgar, G2 is still Shepperd, using BOSS for lights and 4.8 for rendering.

G3G2suit.jpg
    2600 x 2080 - 471K
    Post edited by BeeMKay on
  • MadaMada Posts: 1,869

Glad to hear you like it! yes smiley

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,185
    edited March 2017

I like it too. I appreciate that it has actual thickness. Way too much clothing is being modeled as a single plane with no thickness at the edges or anything, and that looks unnatural. This definitely does NOT have that problem. Great work and thanks for the great price during this sale. My suggestion to improve realism would be to make the buttons on men's shirts a more realistic size. They are generally be no bigger than 7/16 inch. I took this shirt into Blender and made myself a morph to reduce the size of the buttons. Thanks for modeling the buttons so that could be done, rather than just making them a painted spot on a texture file.

I know who to buy products from now! yes

Post edited by barbult on

After I finished this outfit I figured out rigid nodes, which means each button can be scaled and adjusted on the fly, no need for morphs :) I'm planning on doing a small video tutorial on how to set it up, just need to find a bit of spare time.

• BlueIreneBlueIrene Posts: 1,318

My only issue with it is that when the wearer leans forward, you can't make his tie fall forward too - it just fights gravity and sticks to him. Other than that, I'm very pleased that I bought it, together with the suit for the females. I can see both outfits getting used a lot here.

edited March 2017
    Mada said:

After I finished this outfit I figured out rigid nodes, which means each button can be scaled and adjusted on the fly, no need for morphs :) I'm planning on doing a small video tutorial on how to set it up, just need to find a bit of spare time.

I have purchased a couple outfits recently that have those separate buttons. Those are handy.

Mada, may I make one other suggestion for the future? For most realism, the collar and cuffs of a shirt should be rotated 90 degrees on the UV. The stripes should be going parallel with the cuff and collar, in other words. Just Google "men's striped shirt" for about a million examples. wink

edited March 2017

Here is an example of the stripes on the collar rotated 90 degrees using shaders and LIE.

Elijah 7 Mix Trading Floor Suit Shaders_002 PS.jpg
    1600 x 2000 - 1M
  • LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

Barbult, which character is that? He's a cutie pie!

edited March 2017

EDIT: Wait, is that Titus-F? Didn't recognize him!

Post edited by Llynara on
    Llynara said:

EDIT: Wait, is that Titus-F? Didn't recognize him!

No, that is Elijah 7 skin with brows substituted. The head morph is a dialed combination of several characters, including Cole, Ekko, Elijah, Gianni and Leo. I just twiddle the dials. laugh

Finally our guys have a nice suit for formal portraits!

He looks great, Barbult!

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

I picked this up, too.  I'm looking forward to using it.  All of the images here look great!

• BurstAngelBurstAngel Posts: 761

Thanks for the pics! Adding the bundle to the cart now.

• nohiznguyennohiznguyen Posts: 262
    edited March 2017

I love this suit! It has thickness laugh

003a5.png
    1200 x 1600 - 1M
    Post edited by nohiznguyen on
  • cherpenbeckcherpenbeck Posts: 1,409

Bought the moment I saw it.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,158

Well you all sold me on this one - picked it up just now!

Bang for the buck can't be beat.

Here is my guy back again with a new head laughfrom 200 Plus, new hair, new eyes from Macro Eyes, and a new leather suit with Fabric Basics Mix and Match shaders. This time the shirt neck is closed, the suit jacket is buttoned, and the tie is inside the jacket. My gallery has the products listed with links.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    barbult said:

Here is my guy back again with a new head laughfrom 200 Plus, new hair, new eyes from Macro Eyes, and a new leather suit with Fabric Basics Mix and Match shaders. This time the shirt neck is closed, the suit jacket is buttoned, and the tie is inside the jacket. My gallery has the products listed with links.

Does he have interchangeable heads,  like Wurzel Gummidge?

Chohole said:
    barbult said:

Does he have interchangeable heads,  like Wurzel Gummidge?

So it would seem!

edited March 2017

And from the back, with one of the texture sets from the product. I think it is time for me to move on and try out more new toys now. I have the female suit, too. I hope everyone else is enjoying this suit as much as I am.

Waiting for the Bus

Elijah 7 Mix Trading Floor Suit Pinstripe from Back.jpg
    1600 x 2000 - 2M
  • mal3Imagerymal3Imagery Posts: 709
    edited March 2017

It's a marvelous suit :D

Boss

Post edited by mal3Imagery on

: drool :

• DestinysGardenDestinysGarden Posts: 2,550
    Mada said:

: drool :

Yeah, what she said. Nice pic mal3!

• mal3Imagerymal3Imagery Posts: 709

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,702

Thanks for all the renders, you guys. Can the tie be shortened?