Files placement

vindazivindazi Posts: 667
edited January 2013 in New Users

I have some "rar", obp, mat, and bsk files but I am not sure how they are different or where they go in Bryce or Daz 3d. Anyone have an ideas on how to keep these straight?

Post edited by vindazi on

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

RAR is a "zipped" file, but made with Win rar rather than Winzip

OBP is a Bryce object file, and needs importing into your Object presets.

BSK is a Bryce sky file, and needs importing into your Bryce sky presets

MAT is a material file, and needs importing into your Bryce materials it of it a Bryce mat file

To import a file of any of these last 3 formatsinto Bryce you need to do this on the edit screen in Bryce, from the top set of icons.

• vindazivindazi Posts: 667
    edited December 1969

Thanks. That clears things up quite a bit. Is it correct to say that we can no use .rar files on Macs?

Is there a way we can use .mat files in Daz? If not, how do we find identical or comparable materials to use in Daz. I mostly compose outdoor and landscape scenes in Bryce and indoor tightly lit scenes in Daz, so to make things consistent I would like to use materials which looks pretty much the same.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Yes, there is a way to use .RAR files on a Mac

http://www.howtogeek.com/73904/beginner-how-to-extract-.rar-files-on-windows-7-and-mac-os-x/

I can't really answer the Mat file question, as I don't use DS myself.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Is there a way we can use .mat files in Daz? If not, how do we find identical or comparable materials to use in Daz

These are Bryce files, and will not work directly in DAZ Studio. Have you tried using the Bryce to DS bridge?

DAZ, Bryce, Carrara and Poser all use a different shader structure, so the one will not work in another.