Which files?

Po PrunePo Prune Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hi.
I'm a total newbie to this and I have just "purchased" the free Daz Studio.
I'm just overwhelmed by the amount of files that was coming up and I'm not sure wheter I need them all (obvious not the mac files, of course)
Can someone please tell me which files to download and extract.
Like I said, I'm a total beginner and I don't expect to be an expert within a few hours. My main goal, to begin with, is to create illustrations to my games.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Cheers
Finn

P.s.
Is there a manuakl I can download I read through?

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

You need to download the main installer for DAZ Studio, either the 32 bit or 64 bit depending on your OS. The other one that you need is GenesisStarterEssentials, which contains most of the free content.

There are also plugins in the download list, like the Photoshop and GoZ plugins, but you will not need these unless you want to use them, and have a modern copy of Photoshop and ZBrush.

Download and install the two files I mentioned first, install them, and take it from there. You will not lose anything, the other files will still be available.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited January 2013

Okay lets see, You need the Main Daz Studio File of course, and the Genesis Essentials (the Content). Some of the files that list are now Built into DS and not needed any longer. But depending on what you have on your PC you might want a couple of the ones that are not built in.

If you have Photoshop you might wish the PS Bridge files. If you have ZBrush the get the GoZ files.

But Just the DS main File and the Genesis Ess file will get you up and running. With the Full PRG and Content.

Hope this gets you started.

EDIT: Beat by Jimmy again. Still good advice.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • Po PrunePo Prune Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks a lot, guys.. Will do that...