IRAY

Hello 

i downloaded Daz studio and iam excited to work with it but i have a problem

i wanted to render with iray and i dont have nividia gpu card i have amd radeon hd 8670M and intel in my laptop i know it is low 

i tried to render a simple scene but my laptop did not response so i had to restart it manually 

is there any possible way that i can  render with iray or some settings can be made 

btw i didnt find gpu option in Iray render settings 

Thank you for you time 

Comments

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,950

There shoul dnot be anything you need do - neyond ensuring your CPU does not run too hot!  But, to be sure, in the Render Swettings dialog (Ctrl-Shift-R or Render> Render Settings in the menu) ensure that Iray si selected as the Render engine in the Editor tab, and in the Advanced tab ensure that CPU is selected (do that for both Photoreal and Interactive Devices).  Back in the Editor tabe select Photoreal as Render Mode.

That should get you set up ready to get something rendered in Iray, all you then need is something to render and to light it!  Be aware there is a long(ish) setup and prep time when first starting an Iray render, so you will see a blank render window for a while.If your render windows turns balck quicklythat suggest lack of lighting.  Anything else you should get an error message.

As you do not have a CUDA-based graophics card you will not be able to make use of GPU-aided renders I am afraid.

• AndySAndyS Posts: 1,434

laugh Yep,

your Laptop is only able to run CPU-only renders, which naturally run for a very, very long time.
    You may have a look into the task manager to see your CPU at almost 100% busy with the render. So please don't worry that you (almost) aren't able to perform other different tasks meanwhile.
    And you should have installed some extra GB of RAM. wink