How do you make a video file into a texture in Daz Studio 4.5?

DisthronDisthron Posts: 17
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hi there, I'm trying to figure out how to use a video as a texture in Daz studio. I have some pre-keyed explosions and footage of people I shot on a green screen and I thought it would look better if I incorporated the pre-keyed footage into the 3D scene rather than the other way around.

What I'm trying to do is to set up a video as a texture so that it will play as the animation renders. So that on the first frame of the render it will show the first frame of the video, on the second frame of the render it will show the second frame of the video ect. I used to be able to do this in 3D studio max back when I was a student but I can't seem to figure out how to do it in Daz Studio.

Any help would be appreciated, I can't even find any places referring to it.

Comments

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

I know there's an animated textures plugin for Daz Studio, but I don't know if it's yet compatible with 4.5. There's no native support for using movie files, or even for animating textures using GIF or contiguous image slides, which means a plugin is really the only way you'll get this feature. I'd recommend finding out if the plugin is 4.5 compatible before buying it.

• DisthronDisthron Posts: 17
    edited December 1969

I know there's an animated textures plugin for Daz Studio, but I don't know if it's yet compatible with 4.5. There's no native support for using movie files, or even for animating textures using GIF or contiguous image slides, which means a plugin is really the only way you'll get this feature. I'd recommend finding out if the plugin is 4.5 compatible before buying it.

Yea, this looks like it will do what I want. So... any one know if this is compatible in Daz Studio 4.5?

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

I believe that you would probably be able to use this, to do what you want.

https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts/texanimfords3

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,839
    edited December 1969

and no, the animated textures product is not
    the only other thing you can do is have several planes with your sequenced textures on, that transform into your scene then out or behind something a frame at a time