EYES

dash2128dash2128 Posts: 648
edited December 1969 in New Users

I'm having a bit of trouble getting eyes to appear in my figures.

My problem may be that I am trying to use Melancholy eyes with genesis eyes, I don't know. But I cannot seem to get any eyes to merge into my figures. Right now I am working with trying to get female eyes to merge and appear, but I'm not having much luck. (Same problem with male eyes, too.)

Any suggestions?

(I'm working with genesis female and a face morph.)

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

You would need to explain the problem a bit more fully. Can you post an image of what you are seeing, a picture is wirth a thousand words :)

What eyes are you using (link?), and who are they made for? Genesis is UV Mapped for V4, M4 and K4, so any of these should work. It may be that you need to adjust the opacity in the Surfaces pane if they are opaque.

• dash2128dash2128 Posts: 648
    edited December 1969

I'm not sure how to post a picture, but that would help, I agree.

I've been working on some female figures, but when I use the eye tabs (icons) in the content library, nothing happens. No eyes appear in the figure after the merge. (Same thing happening with the male figures.)

I just located a download called Actual Eyes 3, but haven't purchased it yet. I need to get some eyes into my Genesis character.

(I don't know if using the female morph kit has anything to do with, I assumed it did not,)

The eyes I have now are for Melancholy, and are not working. Do I need to buy Actual Eyes 3 for Genesis?

edited December 1969

I also just located 'Look At Me Eyes', if that would work.

I'm not sure if they or 'Actual Eyes' can be used for males.

edited December 1969

Adjust the opacity in the Surfaces pane if they are opaque?

(I just noticed that.)

I saw 'opaque' in Daz Srudio, but didn't know enough about it to mess with it. I'll need to look into that.

edited December 1969

Posting an image is simplicity itself :)

Just above where you click the button to 'Submit Post' there is another button called 'Browse'. Use it to find the image on your machine, and select it. When you press the Submit Post button, the image will be uploaded as well.

A sudden thought has just struck me. Do you have a skin texture applied to Genesis before you tried applying the eye texture? If no, then that is your porblem. Load a skin onto Genesis, and then make sure Genesis is selected in the Scene pane, and the eye material should apply OK.

edited December 1969

The scene pane, I didn't think of that.

Actually, I couldn't get a skin texture to merge, so used editor in 'surface color' to create a skin color.

edited December 1969

POSTING PICTURE

I must be blind, I cannot see the 'browse ' button. Just a 'Choose file' button.

edited January 2013

It is maybe the way I described it, see below:

You must select Genesis in the Scene pane before applying a skin. You can use any of the V4 ones, or M4 too for that matter. I think there are some that come with genesis in the DAZ Studio Formats > My Library > People > Genesis > Materials (or maybe Characters).

Untitled-1.jpg
    1152 x 864 - 214K
    Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
    edited December 1969

I see how it works.

For some reason, mine is appearing a bit different, but I think I get the idea. Thank you.

I have to go, but I'll keep working on the issue. When I load a female Genesis character, no skin tone is coming up. (Not sure if that has to do with this computer, it's...overworked for its capabilities.)

I think I'm on to some possibilities I didn't have before you helped, I'll get on them tomorrow. Thanks again!

edited December 1969

Make sure that you have your viewport set to Texture Shaded as shown below. You can reset it again if it is too much for your machine.

Untitled-1.jpg
    644 x 464 - 139K
  • Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

Another thing to consider is that sometimes things don't appear in the viewport as they do in the render. This is especially true when many types of shaders are applied, as they are only calculated at render and only the diffuse colour is shown in the viewport. Use the spot render tool to ensure it's displaying correctly at render.