About the shader mixer

I was wondering if there is still a way, in Daz Studio 4.9, to have a texture fade into another one.

There was a youtube video that I saw once, posted a long time ago, that showed how to use the shader mixer in an older version of Daz Studio that made it look like a character was turning to stone (via the effect of a Gorgon, like Medusa) by using a null object combined with shader mixer blocks, namely an image brick, altitude brick, and mix brick. The issue is that this tutorial was made to be used in conjunction with an older version of Daz Studio, and the bricks are either in a different layout for Daz Studio 4.9, are named differently, or simply have been removed.

I wanted to know if this gradual texture change from one texture to another was still possible with Daz Studio 4.9's shader mixer, or if now it requires something else, such as a plugin, script, or something of the like.

If it is possible to still accomplish this with the shader mixer, I'd appreciate it if someone would tell me how this is done.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,337
    edited March 2017

Image brick should be unchanged, a Variable brick should still give access to the coordinates, a Layer brick is I think the same as a Mix brick. Assuming you are wanting to work in 3Delight, of course - I haven't looked much at Shader Mixer for Iray.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • Image brick should be unchanged, a Variable brick should still give access to the coordinates, a Layer brick is I think the same as a Mix brick. Assuming you are wanting to work in 3Delight, of course - I haven't looked much at Shader Mixer for Iray.

When in shader mixer, under what list are these bricks located?

Also, I'm not sure whether I'm using IRAY or 3Delight. Is there a way to switch back and forth between the two?