Hey, who's this guy in the Thorneworks promo?

What a cutie in the promo for thorneworks fantasy ears resource for G3M, who is this guy?

http://www.daz3d.com/thorneworks-ultimate-fantasy-ears-resource-for-genesis-3-male

Comments

• Rashad CarterRashad Carter Posts: 1,799

That's Kimo 7. His skin texture is seriously awesome. A bit of a standard setter if you ask me. The skin tone and the other details make him one of the very best for current rendering methods. While he does seem to have a few baked in specular highlights, he geneally strikes a perfect balance. His texture has just the amount of details needed to look like human skin without putting so much detail into the skin that it upstages the viewers attention away from the morphing. It's a good thing when we need to ask which skin texture was used. This is a well thought out skin that doesn't display issues of stretching and other problems often found with some textures. It's as if the PA knew we'd use this skin on more shapes than just Kimo 7. Some skins are just too detailed to be very flexible. But Kimo will look good as anyone. I've even seen the same texture used for Barack Obama and it was convincing.

• ALLIEKATBLUEALLIEKATBLUE Posts: 2,962

I have Kimo, didn't realize how cute he was, my my

Cute? I guess. You ladies! I do admit that the guy is handsone. It's the medium skin tone, the thick masculine eyebrows, and those masculine lips. At this tonal range he could represent men from nearly any part of the world and still appear plausible. The eyebrows are naturalistic; thick and chaotic to a certain point and not manicured which levels up his masculinity a lot. The lips as well are particularly well done, as they appear to have a softness not often seen.

I'm sure if this guy gave you his number while you were out with your girlfriends you'd sneak away from them to go and give him a call. Right?

I have no clue who this guy is. But I think it's a pretty good texture. I do wish the texture had been rendered differently; more like the Kimo example with specular and bump type information included. Seems here it's just a diffuse texture with no other effect maps. I'd say the color map on him looks great. So long as the bump/normals and the specularity can spell out the pores and wrinkles and the like, this skin is probably very convincing.

Cute? I guess. You ladies! I do admit that the guy is handsone. It's the medium skin tone, the thick masculine eyebrows, and those masculine lips. At this tonal range he could represent men from nearly any part of the world and still appear plausible. The eyebrows are naturalistic; thick and chaotic to a certain point and not manicured which levels up his masculinity a lot. The lips as well are particularly well done, as they appear to have a softness not often seen.

I'm sure if this guy gave you his number while you were out with your girlfriends you'd sneak away from them to go and give him a call. Right?

Very clinical beauty assessment Rashad, lol. No wouldn't have a go at this guy, young enough to be my son. I know there are cougars about but I find young guys to be way too expensive

• dreamfarmerdreamfarmer Posts: 2,128

Less interested in the 'go', more interested in how he seems like a boy equivalent of Mika. I suppose he's handcrafted from Thorne's own morph packs, though.

Very clinical beauty assessment Rashad, lol. No wouldn't have a go at this guy, young enough to be my son. I know there are cougars about but I find young guys to be way too expensive

Hilarious. They're expensive certainly, but at least they tend to be intently focused on the task at hand.

Hilarious. They're expensive certainly, but at least they tend to be intently focused on the task at hand.

Rashad!

• firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,456

Less interested in the 'go', more interested in how he seems like a boy equivalent of Mika. I suppose he's handcrafted from Thorne's own morph packs, though.

That'd be cool if there were a male companion for Mika!

• ThorneThorne Posts: 169
    edited March 2017

Sorry, that is Kimo's texture but not the Kimo character. The older character is "Jonas", one I created..  I'm pretty sure you can look for him soon (with his own skin, of course!) in the DAZ store. :)

Yes, the boy character is custom by me created for the promo images.  No plans to do anything with him for the moment. :)

Here's an unused image of Jonas using the ear pack:

Jonas301a.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 1M
    Post edited by Thorne on

Sorry, that is Kimo's texture but not the Kimo character. The older character is "Jonas", one I created..  I'm pretty sure you can look for him soon (with his own skin, of course!) in the DAZ store. :)

Thorne said:

Yes, the boy character is custom by me created for the promo images.  No plans to do anything with him for the moment. :)

Thank so much Thorne for identifying the cutie and I look forward to getting him when he comes out. Love your characters and having great fun with Mika. Keep up the great work on your unique characters.

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

He's adorable! We'd love to see him in the store!

• firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,456
    edited March 2017
    Thorne said:

On Jonas: Cool! :)
    On other boy not being Mika companion: Sad. - If it's your custom morphs and you don't plan to sell him, would you share the settings as a freebie?

Post edited by firewarden on
  • WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,744

Yes, Thorne, please make this character available! laugh

• SloshSlosh Posts: 2,391

That's Kimo 7. His skin texture is seriously awesome. A bit of a standard setter if you ask me. The skin tone and the other details make him one of the very best for current rendering methods. While he does seem to have a few baked in specular highlights, he geneally strikes a perfect balance. His texture has just the amount of details needed to look like human skin without putting so much detail into the skin that it upstages the viewers attention away from the morphing. It's a good thing when we need to ask which skin texture was used. This is a well thought out skin that doesn't display issues of stretching and other problems often found with some textures. It's as if the PA knew we'd use this skin on more shapes than just Kimo 7. Some skins are just too detailed to be very flexible. But Kimo will look good as anyone. I've even seen the same texture used for Barack Obama and it was convincing.

I agree 100%.... Kimo has one of the best textures, and I really like the head morph, too.  I usually dial in 100% on the head, and then less on the body so he is slimmer.  Another great Daz O texture is Darius 7.  Fantastic

• Silas3DSilas3D Posts: 554

Hi Thorne, no Jonas yet - are you still intending to release him? :)

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799

Curious as well. I would like to see him before Genesis 4 comes out.