Persona Non GrataPersona Non Grata Posts: 1,365
edited March 2021 in Carrara Discussion

Post edited by Persona Non Grata on

Comments

• Persona Non GrataPersona Non Grata Posts: 1,365
    edited March 2021

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037

I rarely simulate fur, just drape it, it does not need to fly around just follow the animal as it does 

I have gotten some pretty crazy results with bits flying out long simulating!

Head hair is hard enough, for that I cut the number of iterations right down, have at least 40 segments, collision about 2-4 but can still explode!!!

edited March 2017

video

either does not simulate enough

or goes nuts

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

this hair by PhilW Andrea hair, is not too bad, I did fiddle with the parameters a bit.

the cloth is a Optitex duf import from DAZ studio BTW

edited March 2021

yes his was undersimulated as I said

the Optitex cloth is very prone to hands and stuff getting too near the body catching and pulling it I untick hand collisions but it still often catches, that is the Mucha dress and I did not use the plugin with the extra control if I recall either.

You need to freeze the simulation in D|S and have it parented to the figure to work in Carrara which often causes mismatching so I hide body parts under cloth and pull it out a bit in the vertex room with soft select, it's rather fiddly.

Most are using VWD from Renderosity and Philemo's Carrara plugin, only reason I have not is I could never get the demo to work right in Poser so am hesitant.

I use Poser too and the dyntomorph script.

edited March 2021

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144

I don't think the issue is anti-aliasing, it is that the hair is colliding against too many polygons and the simulation can't cope. Adrea hair is deliberately built on a proxy, so if using that (or a similar one you have done yourself) limit the collisions to the proxy head, and if needed add a proxy neck and proxy shoulders. When colliding against a reasonable number of polys, the hair animation works well. Here is an example from my YouTube channel.

edited March 2021

TooManyPolys.jpg
    939 x 800 - 590K
    edited March 2021

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144

The movement of the hair before the shake is more due to initial settling than an issue with the dynamics.

As for blocky appearance, if can you show us what you have so far, we might be able to provide some suggestions.