New to DAZ and need some help

OdeyssusOdeyssus Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hello, I'm new to DAZ and am having some trouble understanding how to apply content I have purchased. Basically I want to apply the "VH Carina for Victoria 4 and Genesis" to the Genesis figure. I got it to work fine with V4.2. When I try to inject the Head or Body Shape to the Genesis figure nothing happens. I've been trying to figure out why for several days now without success so I decided to ask for some help.

I have DAZ 4.5 Pro installed. I have reloaded and rebuilt the database and metadata. I just don't get why I can't get VH Carina to work on the Genesis base figure? VH Carina says in the title that it is for Genesis as well as V4.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

Odey

Comments

• jerriecanjerriecan Posts: 470
    edited December 1969

This figure also requires (in addition to Genesis):

V4 and M4 Shapes for Genesis
    Genesis Evolution: Head Morphs
    Genesis Evolution: Body Morphs

To get this to work with Genesis, you need all these morph packages.

• OdeyssusOdeyssus Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thank you Jerriecan, I have all those pre-reqs installed. That's what I don't get. I've been meticulous about making sure I have everything installed for VH Carina to work. I guess it's possible something went astray with one of them.

• jerriecanjerriecan Posts: 470
    edited December 1969

I'm also pretty new to DAZ - that's all I could think of, since that's what I did early on. But the forum is filled with helpful folks, and I know some of them will be able to help you better than I. :)

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

That set should include a FULL character load just like V5 and M5 if not check in the Shaping tab after the inj of the morphs and look for a dial (slidder) to set. If done that way check in the Body and the Head. You might need to use both dials to get the character dialed in.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    That set should include a FULL character load just like V5 and M5 if not check in the Shaping tab after the inj of the morphs and look for a dial (slidder) to set. If done that way check in the Body and the Head. You might need to use both dials to get the character dialed in.

That's what I thought as well and I have checked shapes and parameters. No "Dial" for VH Carina appears anywhere?

edited December 1969

Hmm.. That is odd. I Just read the About for the product and The Head is mentioned in Shaping but not the Body.

I dont have this set so I'm fresh out of things to try.

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

Odeyssus said:
    Hello, I'm new to DAZ and am having some trouble understanding how to apply content I have purchased. Basically I want to apply the "VH Carina for Victoria 4 and Genesis" to the Genesis figure. I got it to work fine with V4.2. When I try to inject the Head or Body Shape to the Genesis figure nothing happens. I've been trying to figure out why for several days now without success so I decided to ask for some help.

I have DAZ 4.5 Pro installed. I have reloaded and rebuilt the database and metadata. I just don't get why I can't get VH Carina to work on the Genesis base figure? VH Carina says in the title that it is for Genesis as well as V4.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

Odey

I don't have that character, but I have an idea what the problem might be. The head and body INJ icons you used for V4 are just for V4, they won't work on Genesis. There will be separate icons or sliders for use with Genesis. I checked the online readme to see if it tells where to find them, but it doesn't (it's an incomplete readme that I expect will be updated at some point): http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/14578/start
    Your product download MAY have included a readme file with this information; check there first.

Otherwise, try looking in the Content Library, under DAZ Formats>People>Genesis>Characters (that would be my first guess, but it could be somewhere else within DAZ Formats>People>Genesis). If there are morph sliders, you should be able to find them under the Parameters tab.

If all else fails, you might try contacting the vendor (Godin).

If I'm misunderstanding the situation and you have found the Genesis icons, but still can't get them to work, then post some screenshots if you can so that others can see what you are experiencing...and again, if all else fails, it might be best to contact the PA. PAs are usually happy to provide support for their products.

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

Odeyssus said:
    Jaderail said:

That's what I thought as well and I have checked shapes and parameters. No "Dial" for VH Carina appears anywhere?
    If there's a Head slider, you'll probably have to select Genesis' head (rather than Genesis itself) for it to appear. Sounds like there might not be a Body slider...maybe just an icon for the body preset. Some characters work that way.

edited December 1969

I'm reinstalling everthing in the default C: directory before I try anything else to rule that out. Thank you Scott for the advice! :)

edited January 2013

Somehow I missed a freakin VITAL file when I was sifting through all my downloadable material. Yeah, the one for Genesis! I feel like such a noob. :P Thank you all for your help and advice. At least it got me looking for where the error was and it was my own stupid fault. Grrr.

Post edited by Odeyssus on
    edited December 1969

LOL! Glad to hear it is all okay now. Happy Rendering.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Don't feel too bad about it, it's the sort of hiccup even us long-time D|S users get tripped up by now and then, and the current state of the store isn't helping.

Been there, done that, D|S crashed trying to render the t-shirt. :red: