Animal Skulls and Bones

Would like to see a prop set of different animal skulls and bones, stuff like saber tooth cat skulls, elephant skulls, wolf, birds and crocs that can be used as scene additions. 

Comments

• TraceSL said:

Would like to see a prop set of different animal skulls and bones, stuff like saber tooth cat skulls, elephant skulls, wolf, birds and crocs that can be used as scene additions. 

Great idea

• Josh Crockett said:

Great idea

Indeed it is...

• Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,758

Antfarm has this- it's been in and out of my cart several times.

https://www.daz3d.com/museum-of-un-natural-history

I ended up just grabbing a bunch of images of bones and such and (plan to) add them to scenes in post.

I tried the Dragon Bones, but they didn't look right. I think theyr were too many and too small - like they'd never fossilize and stay intact.

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421

I second this idea. Would also like insectoid/crustacean body parts, too. Stuff like this would be good for the various laboratory sets which are available.

• ANGELREAPER1972ANGELREAPER1972 Posts: 4,413
    edited April 2017

these would be good for humanoid creatures too that have an animal skull for a head like Judge Mortis of the Dark Judges from Judge Dredd image

Post edited by Chohole on
  • TraceSLTraceSL Posts: 519

these would be good for humanoid creatures too that have an animal skull for a head like Judge Mortis of the Dark Judges from Judge Dredd 

That was one of my suggestions I put to Josh in his thread, for your basic demon horde.  This would be for set design, it is something I always see in fantasy art. 

• don't forget living bioweapons, vehichles and machiney think it  was you TraceSL that also mentioned in another thread Warhammer and Warhammer 40,000. And yeah lots of aliens and monsters have that animal skull look as welll as the sort of showing muscles veins and such of a decomposing look right up Josh's style really. Lot of the 2000 AD comics had these kind of looks in their various stories like Judge Dredd, Nemesis and Slaine and of course then there's the various horror, sci fi and fantasy games oh a demonic deer headed character that's decaying showing skull. Would like creatures that have a tranparency can see through rib cage head/skull where you can see internal organs skin would be guess sort of like a slug type with sickly colouring of veins. There are some skeletons and parts but not many one skeleton dragon think it's based on m1 dragon, human skeletons last being low res version and them bones but no others so be cool to see some new types some fish skulls are pretty creepy. So a skeleton kit bash kit featuring different skulls and other bones you could use to kit bash characters would be pretty cool as well as some fleshy bits

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037

Well, there is now this too...

https://www.daz3d.com/monster-skulls-hd

But Hivewire3D has some nice big cat bones too. :)

I would love a bull skull for those western themed renders. :)

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037

Wow... I searched here, Rendo, and Hivewire and cannot, for th life of me find a simple bull skull. 

Bummer.

And weird. I though it would be intergral to some old wild west renders.

• Josh CrockettJosh Crockett Posts: 572
    RKane_1 said:

Wow... I searched here, Rendo, and Hivewire and cannot, for th life of me find a simple bull skull. 

Bummer.

And weird. I though it would be intergral to some old wild west renders.

Do an obj search in google and texture it yourself.

• 3WC3WC Posts: 1,095

There is this one at HW, maybe not what you are looking for.  Search M.I.L.

11153-m-i-l-popup-01.jpg
    236 x 209 - 56K

don't know if this can be removed used as its own and if you can hide and replace horns or not 

https://www.daz3d.com/cleric-robes-for-angor

did a search no luck really in bulls but found several for cow skulls most cost and i do mean cost a lot but saw some free ones but for other programs but some had different file formats so some may be compatible? since links will get deleted do a search for cow skull 3d models 

oooo cornucopia3d has a nice one that's the vue website program used to be sold here but I don't know if you can use it in daz studio or not