designing

samialshahrisamialshahri Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

another great day with this brilliant software, I give one big cheer to the makers of the software I'm spending a lot of time with it I'm starting to feel like I'm slave to it, I now wish to learn more XD..

-Does DAZ has a designing option which allow me to make my own designed cloths for the actors without limited option?if not, do I need to buy something to have such option?

-How do I save an animation I created? Is there a way to link a great number of animation without crashing the pc or do I need to reply it on a seperate software one by one to make it into one big clip?

-And last question; if I lets say for example I make a wheel rotating clockwise and forward... sometimes when I use the memorize and restore option this is what happen, lets say I paste/restore pose at every 20 frames 20 degree clockwise... what will happen sometimes is instead of the wheel moving 20 degrees clockwise to the next 20 frames it goes 340 degrees counter clockwise... is there a way to fix this?

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

-Does DAZ has a designing option which allow me to make my own designed cloths for the actors without limited option?if not, do I need to buy something to have such option?

The only way to make 3D clothing is generally with a modelling package of some sort, Blender, Hexagon, Modo etc etc. Once the clothing is made, you have to rig it (create bones) so that the clothing will be conforming. You could also look at Marvelous Designer, which is for making clothing from patterns, and the finished product can be sent to DAZ Studio as an OBJ file I believe, but it would still need to be rigged.

-How do I save an animation I created? Is there a way to link a great number of animation without crashing the pc or do I need to reply it on a seperate software one by one to make it into one big clip?

I don;t do animations, but most people render as an image series, and then put it all together in another program. There are plenty of free ones around as far as i know.

Your other animation question will need to wait for someone else to answer, sorry.

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

It's certainly possible to design your own clothes, but depending on what you are trying to accomplish, it can get somewhat complicated/advanced.

If you're just looking to create your own textures for existing clothing models, you should download the template (found under the Resource Files tab on many product pages) and use it in the image editing software of your choice to create your design. For example, there are tons of textures available for the Morphing Fantasy Dress (and they can be used on any version of the MFD, I think, except possibly the one for Stephanie Petite 3 which as I recall is different for some reason).

Making your own clothing models involves more steps, and you'll need a modeling program like Hexagon, ZBrush, or many others--you can't do it with DAZ Studio alone. There are threads in the Forum devoted to the topic, like these:
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/2174/
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/12921/

Hope this helps! Sorry I can't assist with your Animation related questions...I do know that you can render to video or to a series of still images (which you could later convert to an animation using appropriate editing software), but that's about the extent of my knowledge on the subject. Hopefully someone else will be along shortly. :)

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

-And last question; if I lets say for example I make a wheel rotating clockwise and forward... sometimes when I use the memorize and restore option this is what happen, lets say I paste/restore pose at every 20 frames 20 degree clockwise... what will happen sometimes is instead of the wheel moving 20 degrees clockwise to the next 20 frames it goes 340 degrees counter clockwise... is there a way to fix this?
    I do animate, and I've not found a fix myself. At some point the Degree of rotation just flips. All I have managed was to hand fix by rotating by hand the oppisite way until I think it looks correct.
  • samialshahrisamialshahri Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

thank you all for helping out, greatly apprecaite it.

about the cloth desgins, Is it possible to take an existing cloth model and work from there altering it's shape?

about saving the animation and linking them the question pretty much stands, I think it might be too long taking a pose one by one to another software when we are talking in 15 min and more.

and yeah Jade, I ended up correcting them manually too.. is there a way to draw a pattern of movement?

edited December 1969

The Way I do my Animating is Render to images. Almost any editor will let you make the movie file and I've even just used Movie Maker to add sound.The length will be dictated by your free ram. I do mine by Scenes and just link each scene to the next in My editor.

I was getting GOOD results with KeyMate and GraphMate to create scenes that Worked as I liked. I'm in Limbo right now, I installed a Clean version of DS4.5 thinking DIM was going to come out this week. I did not know it was going to be handed out to a few at a time.

edited December 1969

Thanks Jade, I'll take your recommendation on the next try.

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

thank you all for helping out, greatly apprecaite it.

about the cloth desgins, Is it possible to take an existing cloth model and work from there altering it's shape?

about saving the animation and linking them the question pretty much stands, I think it might be too long taking a pose one by one to another software when we are talking in 15 min and more.

and yeah Jade, I ended up correcting them manually too.. is there a way to draw a pattern of movement?

You can take an existing design and modify it but only if it's for your own personal use. There are strong rules against distributing someone else's mesh, even modified, as your own creation. There are some basic outfit creation kits designed especially for this though, and you can distribute those as long it's not the base model.
    edited December 1969

I was just planning for personal use, but thanks for telling me Fire it's good to know where the red lines that aren't suppose to be crossed are at.

Jade, I just checked out movie maker it's awsome, I been searching for a better voice/sound editor for a short 2D animation of mine you made my day or lets say My Yesterday lol.

KeyMate and GraphMate cost money I'm a noob who is at a hobby level of animation so I got to be very picky at what I buy especially when there is a lot of other stuff to buy.

I'm sure you recommend them b/c they are good. which one should I take? I want something user-friendly, hopifully one of them has an option of setting axis of rotation on objects, setting pivit points to make the objects rotate around and drawing the line representing the pattern of movement.

Thanks agian everyone for the help and information

edited December 1969

The only way to make 3D clothing is generally with a modelling package of some sort, Blender, Hexagon, Modo etc etc. Once the clothing is made, you have to rig it (create bones) so that the clothing will be conforming. You could also look at Marvelous Designer, which is for making clothing from patterns, and the finished product can be sent to DAZ Studio as an OBJ file I believe, but it would still need to be rigged.

I never delt with a 3D cloth designer program, can a beginner work, learn as he/she explores options with Hexagon without being totally dependant on someone to guide them?

edited December 1969

3D modelling is no simple task for most people. There is a lot to learn in making your own clothing, but it is a lot less difficult for Genesis as opposed to the older Gen 4 models.

You need to learn how to use a modelling package (Hexagon?)
    You need to learn how to UV Map your model when completed
    You need to know something about Rigging
    then you have to Texture your model.

I am not trying to put you off, but actually modelling the item is only the first part of the journey.

A much simpler way to get started, would be to download the texture template files for any clothing itmes that you have. You will find them on the Product Page in the Resources tab, These are UV Map templates that you can 'colour in' to make your own textures in Gimp or Photoshop or any 2D paint program. Using these, you can change the colour, or add a material texture, or even use transparency maps to make parts of the garment invisible. (like making shorts out of long trousers for example)

Learning Hexagon would not be all that difficult, but you would need to go through the tutorials, and also find tutorials on making clothing, there are a few good ones about.

See what you think of my suggestins.

edited December 1969

your suggestion are highly respected, and I wasn't expecting it would be easy and if I'm to quite of thinking of modeling it won't happen so fast at least lol. But as long as there is a helpiful community here I think I am going to do fine (hats off to all of you). I got a feeling I will have to do a lot of reviewing and studying so maybe a while till I get some feedback.

Thanks again Jim.

edited December 1969

My pleasure!

There is also a decent Hexagon forum here, where you can get a lot of help. It may also be worthwhile looking at Blender. It can be difficult toe get started, but there are loads of Blender tutorials available on the net, and it can do really incredible work in the right hands.

3D modelling can be a real joy, but it takes time to learn. You could also start by making props, which don;t require rigging, like swords and hats for example, or even buildings. Stick with it, and you can always ask questions in the forums.

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited December 1969

If you want to learn how to model clothing I would suggest you take a look at Fugazi's tutorials at Renderosity, called The Digital Tailor. He starts with the basics and works up to more complicated items. He uses Silo, but the same techniques work in Hexagon.

I learnt how to model using these tutorials.

edited December 1969

I was just planning for personal use, but thanks for telling me Fire it's good to know where the red lines that aren't suppose to be crossed are at.

Jade, I just checked out movie maker it's awsome, I been searching for a better voice/sound editor for a short 2D animation of mine you made my day or lets say My Yesterday lol.

KeyMate and GraphMate cost money I'm a noob who is at a hobby level of animation so I got to be very picky at what I buy especially when there is a lot of other stuff to buy.

I'm sure you recommend them b/c they are good. which one should I take? I want something user-friendly, hopifully one of them has an option of setting axis of rotation on objects, setting pivit points to make the objects rotate around and drawing the line representing the pattern of movement.

Thanks agian everyone for the help and information

For the price MovieMaker can't be beat. If I was going to only get one Animation tool It would be KeyMate. It gives 100% control over key frames. You can Lock them (solves the rotation issues) move them copy them and so much more. As for the Graphic type Paths I've not found one for DS4.5 but I admit I have not looked either.