Bryce and DSC-001

dash2128dash2128 Posts: 648
edited December 1969 in New Users

I haven't used Bryce yet, and I was noticing the spaceship called 'DSC-001' (for Bryce).

Can a Genesis Character be placed next to a spaceship that is a Bryce product? Or is that not possible?

Comments

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited February 2013

Hi dash, I just got back to playing in Bryce after about 5 or so years away from it, so I haven't done anything like this before.

That said, however, one of our Community Volunteers, Chohole works almost exclusively in Bryce, and I believe what you would have to do is get your character all set up in DAZ Studio and then using the Bryce Bridge within DS 4 to move the character into Bryce next to the spaceship.

Whether you would have the scene with the spaceship all set up in Bryce first is necessary, I don't know, but it certainly couldn't hurt.

BTW, Cho uses Poser I believe, so there must be a way to do it from there too, but that's another 3D app I haven't used in years so don't know exactly how. Maybe I can get her over here to tell you how she does it.

Post edited by Miss B on
  • dash2128dash2128 Posts: 648
    edited December 1969

Thank you, M-B.

It sounds like it can be done.

I am looking forward to to seeing what Bryce can do. Meanwhile, I noticed a spacecraft that might be interesting to work with in Bryce. I'll need to place a character in front of it to make it more useful.

Have a good weekend, D-21

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

Yes Genesis can be placed next to any model that is imported into Bryce.

What you will have to watch out for though is that Genesis is very high poly and Bryce is only 32 bit. This can lead to Out of Memory errors and Bryce crashing... Though there are certain things you can do to minimise this happening:

1. If your Genesis model has clothing which fully covers a body part, make that body part invisible and so it doesn't export into Bryce.
    2. Don't use high res elite textures on the Genesis model or clothing.
    3. Before importing your Genesis model into Bryce, quit and re-start Bryce to clear it's undo memory buffer.

Also be aware that once you have imported your Genesis figure into Bryce it will no longer be rigged and as such, you can not alter it's pose.

Hope this helps.

Picture below: V4 (sorry, I don't use Genesis) and custom motorcycle, rendered in Bryce:

ChopperGirlBig.jpg
    1159 x 906 - 590K