daz & poser content

majesticcreationsmajesticcreations Posts: 106
edited December 1969 in New Users

I have a lot of content that I've purchased so far in the past month, and I'm finding it extremely annoying that not everything shows up under the smart content tab.. to be honest I like the smart content tab its organized and nice :)... I find it really hard to go searching for stuff in the content library on the right hand side of the application.

I wish there was away around this so that everything can be in ONE PLACE under the smart content tab... I know its because some stuff does'nt have metadata but still there must be a way.

Secondly, When I was downloading my content I noticed that there is 4 of each or something... i.e. pc & mac downloads, then daz & poser... do i really need the poser content?

also some of my content it says cannot be found when I've installed everything..

I want to get rid of the poser content I do not have poser installed.

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

The only way to get what you want at the moment, is to use Categories, or produce your own Metadata. There are turorials on how to do both.

Almost everything that DAZ 3D produced prior to Genesis, was Poser content. All of the Gen 4 and Gen 3 figures, and earlier, were in Poser format. The Content Library pane will show you everything that you have installed, whether it has Metadata ofr not. You can look at it under DAZ Studio Formats and Poser Formats, and there is a search function at the top of the pane.

There is a bit of a gotcha with Poser content. Some of the older installers had all of the main geometry files in Poser format, with just a seperate smaller file for the DAZ Studio materials, so it is not always possible to get rid of them.

When you manage to get using the new DIM, you can decide what files you want to download. You can filter out Mac and Poser files too.