VERVE ZIP PATH

dash2128dash2128 Posts: 648
edited December 1969 in New Users

I purchased 'Verve Poses For Aiko', and extracted the zip file.

Problem is, when I reloaded Daz Studio and searched for the 'Content Library' path to the product, the path was grey and nothing appeared in the content box (or pane).

I tried placing the extracted folders in several different places, even creating a new folder ('Aikopose') to place the extracted content in, but that didn't change anything. Only added another grayed-out path.

I have the actual Verve files right in front of me, I just can't place them so that they will appear in the content library. And I've followed (and re-followed) the readme instructions as close as I could.

Here are some pathways I've tried placing 'Verve P.F.Aiko' in:

C:\Documents and Settings\test1\My Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\People\Genesis\Poses\Content\Runtime\libraries\Pose

C:\Documents and Settings\test1\My Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\People\Genesis\Poses\AIKOPOSE

C:\Documents and Settings\test1\My Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\People\Genesis\Poses\AIKOPOSE

(I'm not sure about the one below:)
C:\Documents and Settings\test1\My Documents\Downloads\IM00004677_verve-poses-for-aiko (1)

Restarting Daz Sudio didn't seem to help. I must be placing the files in the wrong place. My last Zip download gave me some trouble, too. But I finally got that one to appear. Verve is more stubborn, though.

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,460
    edited December 1969

Try "Re-Imort Metadata" within your "Content DB Maintenance"

• dash2128dash2128 Posts: 648
    edited December 1969

I didn't see the product in C.DB Maintenance.

edited December 1969

Right click on Content Library, select Content DB Maintenance, then check off Re-Import Metadata

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,322
    edited December 1969

If you extracted the contents of the ZIP using the OS, rather than the new DAZ Install Manager (if you have it) then it will have contained an extra \Content folder that you don't want - you need to take whatever folders were in the Content folder and place them in C:\Documents and Settings\test1\My Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\, which is where all content should be installed once any extra folder issues are dealt with. Although they don't specify, I'm pretty sure these poses are for the original Aiko or Aiko 3 and are in Poser format - they will appear in Poser Formats>My Library>Pose>Some folder in the Content Library pane, they may not have full metadata to appear in Smart Content and if they do you will need to go to C:\Documents and Settings\test1\My Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\Runtime\Support and drag the .dsa file for the set into DS, then relaunch DS

edited December 1969

Good point. Didn't think of that. I forget not everyone will use DIM

• dash2128dash2128 Posts: 648
    edited December 1969

That did it. Thanks guys!