Bryce Object Library

dash2128dash2128 Posts: 648
edited December 1969 in New Users

I'm attempting to download and open DSC-001 (a deep space vessel for Bryce) in Bryce, and I cannot seem to locate the 'Object Library' in order to find the product.

After failing, I I re-downloaded the item into Daz Studio 'My Library' in an attempt to open it from there. But after browsing for the file, and locating it in 'Content>Phil Drawbridge', I noticed that no actual file existed that could be highlighted in order to open DSC-001 so that it could be imported into Bryce.

Also, I cannot locate 'Object Library' in Bryce7Pro. ('File>Edit>Objects' is at the top of the screen.)

(I need to learn Bryce, obviously. Right now, I am just trying to get the DSC-001 spaceship onscreen.)

Here is some instruction that came with the purchase:

To use this item, do the following:
Open Bryce, then access the Objects Library.
Select the sub-library where you want to import the ship and click on Import.
Navigate to the folder listed above, select the DSC-001.obp, and click on Open.
The ship will now be available in the library.

You can find new presets for Bryce in the following folder(s):
Content:Phil Drawbridge:DSC-001

Comments

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

Hi Dash

It sounds like the model you are wanting to import is an .obp file (which is a Bryce only file).

So here's how to get it into Bryce:

Open Bryce either with a new document or open an existing document.
    A. Next to the Create tab click on the small arrow to open up the Object Presets panel
    B. At the bottom of the Object library that opens up, click the 'Installed' to see a sub menu. Choose 'User'.
    C. Click the little Plus (+) symbol to create your own sub folder. Give it a name in the window that open up, so you might want to call it 'Space Ships' and then you can put all your space ships in that sub folder.
    You should now have a blank library folder (all the little square on the right will be blank).
    D. Click the 'Add' button and in the window that opens up, navigate to the .obp file you downloaded and it will appear in the first blank square.

You can then always access it by opening the Object library and navigating to that sub folder.

And just for clarity, an .obp file is not the same as an .obj file... .obp is the file format exclusive to Bryce as it allows models to use the Bryce procedural textures and other Bryce specific information that makes using a model in Bryce much easier and more efficient.

Hope this helps.

Import2.jpg
    1280 x 800 - 195K
    Import1.jpg
    1280 x 800 - 196K
  • Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

I just realised, the instructions I've given above are slightly wrong... sorry about that, my excuse is it's daft o'clock in the morning here and I haven't slept for three days.

The part that's wrong has been corrected below:
    D. Click the ‘Import’ button and in the window that opens up, navigate to the .obp file you downloaded and it will appear in the first blank square.