Problem with Light 'N 'Go Skydome (Solved)

edited February 2013 in New Users

I can't seem to figure out how to make the panoramic background not pixelated or fuzzy.When I look at the jpg this is using, it's pretty high-resolution. Is there something basic here I'm missing? Or were these sets designed to be pixelated? I was hoping that I would be able to use the background image on the skydome as well as the light set.

I've posted a picture from the Temple Ruins Light 'n Go set so you can see what I'm talking about. I'm hoping some setting isn't done properly since this product wasn't designed for DS 4.5.

Thanks.

Edit: Clicking on the picture will give you a bigger image.

Temple_of_the_Ruins_test.jpg
1000 x 1100 - 679K
Post edited by aprilsunshine7_4526d47d74 on

Comments

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,985
    edited December 1969

I suspect the sky dome image isn't high enough in resolution. If you view the image in Runtime\Textures\Dreamlight\Light-n-Go\TempleRuins the mountains in the sky dome image is only about 250 pixels high even though the pixel dimensions of the image is 6000 x 3000.

Dimension Theory's "Urban Recreation" HDR light set, which uses a sky dome like the Light-n-Go sky dome, has extremely high resolution sky dome images that are a whopping 16384 x 8192 size, which results in very clear renders. Here is a sample of one. The trees in the background are 1542 pixels high in the sky dome image.

Dimension Theory had plans to go on road trips to take images for future add-on packs. I hope some landscape packs get released eventually.

Run_Eyegore.jpg
    1242 x 944 - 286K
  • LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,985
    edited December 1969

There are some free images you can use in a sky dome. Google hdrlabs for a link to their sIBL Archive

• edited December 1969

Lindsey, thanks so much for your help, both in showing me the source of my problem and showing me a way to solve it - for free! Thanks!