Wear them all for shoes...

Did I ask about this already?

At any rate, I can't believe no one's figured this out yet.

The ability to mix and match shoes across generations and/or get a proper fit.

Comments

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

If it was an easy process someone would have done it by now.  I really don't see a way to completely automate the process.  Would a plug-in that require the user to have moderate knowledge of weight mapping and rigging and do a bit of thinking for the plug-in be a good seller?

• Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,758

Well, there would have to be an understanding of what Daz does between generations. Like Genesis was straight crucifix pose on startup. Gen 3 and/or 3 has the characters in a  slightly different default pose.

The arms curve and the legs are different.

You'd have to know what that difference was and make a script that moves the shoe forward backward, up a bit but angled for such and such so that when added it lines up properly with the newer figures.

Same thing with props. The gun moves to the hand but sits in a way that isn't fully grasped by the figure because it's trying to fit where the previous generation's hand used to be.

At least that's how I see it. What is that translation? And THAT is what the script does. Or the opposite system and Moves the Figure into that stretched out, perfect crucifix position. So that when I parent older clothes or items they fall naturally into parenting. Needed for props...surely needed for props. So many older props do not have workable parenting controls.