Look at THAT! (eye focal scripts)

I usually do eyes manually, but this would be wicked.

INTERFACE

A script pane where you select the subject and then in the second pane, it chooses what the character is looking at.

FEATURES

If possible it could have a pose morph component, where the head turns (limits on, limits off)

If you pick a face, it focuses the eyes beyond the target in a  straght line to avoid crossing the eyes. Or, you could have a gentle setting that isn't hyper focused

You can also pick parts (nodes?) on the same character so my character might be looking down at their feet or looking at a watch on their wrist or a phone in their hand.

If you select a camera, the character will gaze at the lens. You create or use the directional offset to have the character look slightly off in any direction.

Props

Don't know what they are called....Null objects? Shaped objects that the character can use to focus on....like a ball to simulate a face or a point to focus on. And then a utility preset in the menu to make that object disappear before rendering,.

Or just a  visibility check box (or just a reminder to use the one in Scene view) The reason it's a prop is so that it can be scaled. If your character is looking at an immense door, they might be looking up at a large object and the eyes could widen. Small objects brings a squint.

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Two forms of "Point At" already exist: persistent and non-persistent. Persistent uses a "Point At" property on the node; select the node(s) you want to point, and then click the "Point At" property to choose which other node in the scene to target. For non-persistent, select the node(s) you want to point, then right-click on the node you want to target and choose "Point At" from the context menu.

• Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,758

I tried that when I first used Daz so I tried it again.

Apparently, I'm not doing something right.

Having his eyes look at her eyes- makes them cross or one eye slides into his skull.

When I select "Eyes" the point at option disappears.

But I can choose one eye at a time... And I'll match across...they are facing each other. His right should be looking at her left. 

NO?

Any ideas?