A quick way to save smoothing/collision results as a morph.

One of the biggest slow downs in workflow is smoothing modifier when trying to pose figures. The way around this is to disable smoothing > pose then enable and wait for the smoothnig process to finish which can also take a while. If you have to pose multiple figures it slows things down more. If you have multiple smooth elements with collision like Clothes and sitting impressions on a couch you get recursive loops of smoothing that never end.

The solution would be to export the smoothed figure and then bring it back in through the morph loader but that takes too much time because you have to make the whole scnene invisble except for that one figure and export it as obj. Then you have to repeat this with multiple figures. If you try doing animation problem is worse.

What I want is a script or feature that just turns the results of smoothing into a morph, where you click on the script or button and a morph is created, smoothing is then set back to 0, baking the results into that morph.

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,199

Does this tip help?

• RodrijRodrij Posts: 154
    barbult said:

Does this tip help?

I'll have to experinment but how does it work if there are no morphs? For example an indented couch or poke through. Do you select no morphs when you do the baking in the select offending morphs step?

I don't know. You'll have to experiment, I guess. This tip may not apply to that situation.

• RodrijRodrij Posts: 154

I tried it out and it doesn't do what I need it to do.

Sorry, I don't know how to do it, other than the export obj/import as morph method, which you've already considered but rejected as too cumbersome. You could submit a help request and as Customer Service for suggestions.