The Stellacaster Guitar and Poses for genesis 3 [commercial]

Comments

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,671
    Connatic said:

I have an idea for a guitar strap.  It works best with a style of strap that has a shoulder-pad.  The pad would be the root of the prop, which would be conformed to the player's shoulder.  There would be 2 segmented, easy-pose strap sections which then would be easily aimed to align the ends with the strap-pins on the guitar.  There would have to be a length adjustment on both the strap sections.  This approach avoids dynamics.  The strap does not get too distorted, so this kind of posing system would be very easy to adjust for any guitar performance pose.

That actually seems like a workable idea. if worried about DAZ not liking the idea for reasons stated, then include it along with the poses already posed to make them happy and when users want to change up a pose, they can then adjust the strap. I'd love to try this out myself. I can model pretty much anything, but suck at rigging, LOL

Nice image Connatic, love the green light making the amps green, LOL

Td3d, hope the product is doing well, keep up the great work!

• NaviNavi Posts: 443
    Connatic said:

My first render with the Stellacaster.

Cool render Connatic :) , and I have to say that straps looks convincing like you used it. Thanks for the link, gonna make some tests.

edited June 2017
    Connatic said:

I have an idea for a guitar strap.  It works best with a style of strap that has a shoulder-pad.  The pad would be the root of the prop, which would be conformed to the player's shoulder.  There would be 2 segmented, easy-pose strap sections which then would be easily aimed to align the ends with the strap-pins on the guitar.  There would have to be a length adjustment on both the strap sections.  This approach avoids dynamics.  The strap does not get too distorted, so this kind of posing system would be very easy to adjust for any guitar performance pose.

That actually seems like a workable idea. if worried about DAZ not liking the idea for reasons stated, then include it along with the poses already posed to make them happy and when users want to change up a pose, they can then adjust the strap. I'd love to try this out myself. I can model pretty much anything, but suck at rigging, LOL

FSMCDesigns, I don't think we could include a strap ourselves for now, for the reasons I listed before (a strap that users have to fiddle with themselves wouldn't be accepted on the store, even as an update, I'm 99% sure. And we would most probably need the help of a clothes designer to make a proper one, but then it would only work for the set poses anyway). I can't promise anything, but I'll try to see how it works with the freebie strap Connactic posted. It it works out like expected, what I could do is to make a small freebie add-on, poses for the straps to fit the pose set from Stellacaster.

Post edited by Navi on
  • Td3dTd3d Posts: 412

Wow! I'll sum my immediate thoughts up in this single lets hope. :)

For those concerned, Thank you so much for purchasing our product and sharing what you are doing with it in your images. Glad you are having fun with it.

That image.. Cool! Nice work ANGELREAPER1972 :) If that masive beast gets out of line I guess that, well..., smaller beast can just give it a prod on the back of the neck with the bottom of that guitar - provided they're well aquainted. Them teeth look efficient :) 

Navi, that's a good thought. I am just so tied down getting that vignette thing completed. I keep stopping and forgetting where I got up to in presets/testing :) Please let me know what you discover with that strap prop. Not sure if I posted it or deleted it earlier on today, but a strap that was compatible with all guitar props would be like gold for who-ever created one. As you said, A clothing designer would know exactly what to do. I can create lots of things that they could attach it to though :)

Lastly but not least, Thank you FSMCDesigns for your well wishes and encouragemant in your response to Navi. The product/set seems to be well received atm. That's good encouragement also.

Rock You Like A Carnotaurus

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/371661

Navi said:
    Connatic said:

FSMCDesigns, I don't think we could include a strap ourselves for now, for the reasons I listed before (a strap that users have to fiddle with themselves wouldn't be accepted on the store, even as an update, I'm 99% sure. And we would most probably need the help of a clothes designer to make a proper one, but then it would only work for the set poses anyway). I can't promise anything, but I'll try to see how it works with the freebie strap Connactic posted. It it works out like expected, what I could do is to make a small freebie add-on, poses for the straps to fit the pose set from Stellacaster.

• ANGELREAPER1972ANGELREAPER1972 Posts: 4,424

well the say music tames/soothes the savage beast ;) devil

No time lost for practice lol, cool render ANGELREAPER1972 :)

thanks Navi any chance of a V and/or Warlock?

Thanks ANGELREAPER1972, I know Td3d makes a lot of guitars and basses, but I have no idea about what will be released, sorry :) .

Nice suggestion. Warlocks are certainly cool looking guitars. The tuner layout reminds me so much of my old Gretsch. I do like the V also. But would probably look at the Dean style machine head over the Gibson V's. I just think they have a bit more to offer visually (Don't get me wrong... I love the original classic style, scratchplate etc, of the Flying-V). I am taking this all onboard my friend. But in this realm, it's probably more about appearence than what they can do or sound like. Not discounting nostalgic appeal either btw. Thankyou for that feedback.

v79bb-077bab3ae77c5d71c5fc0924c015e8dd.jpg
    1162 x 1162 - 46K
    _c483116_image_0.jpg
    724 x 692 - 44K
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,671

Always liked the Warlock bass. One of the bass players in one of my old bands played one, looked really cool on stage and had a good sound.

Not much on the flying V, but I did have a Gibson explorer in my thrid band that I liked. Only things I have left from my musician days are a Les Paul and an old Ovation that i still play around with from time to time, ah the good old days, LOL.

• ConnaticConnatic Posts: 279

I worked on the lighting and the Iray shaders, also did a costume change.

rocker004.jpg
    1200 x 1068 - 390K
    Navi said:

Thanks ANGELREAPER1972, I know Td3d makes a lot of guitars and basses, but I have no idea about what will be released, sorry :) .

sorry got you and Td3d mixed up :)

cool like both of those you posted yeah a few of my favorites played use these you see and there's one female singer guitarist who plays has a lot of unique giutars but her main one is a warlock there was a old morphing guitar here that had various versions you could recreate was very dated looking though and was removed ages ago

other instruments of course would be bass, new drum kits be cool ones like a lot of bands had during the 80s you know when they went overkill on the number of drums they had, and maybe a keyboard. Also probably not your area but maybe some other creator reading this might do it some stages and lights with the light actually shing beams of lights, stage props the usual stuff you'd see in a music video/live concert

Td3d said:

Nice suggestion. Warlocks are certainly cool looking guitars. The tuner layout reminds me so much of my old Gretsch. I do like the V also. But would probably look at the Dean style machine head over the Gibson V's. I just think they have a bit more to offer visually (Don't get me wrong... I love the original classic style, scratchplate etc, of the Flying-V). I am taking this all onboard my friend. But in this realm, it's probably more about appearence than what they can do or sound like. Not discounting nostalgic appeal either btw. Thankyou for that feedback.

Just so you guys know that I don't take what is suggested lightly. I value those suggestions as I do my real life customers, cos you are in fact just that. I dropped everything to lay out some parts this afternoon and get a basic shape ready to work on. Got a feel for it now. Like the real-deal, you just gotta connect asap with something you're thinking of. Thoughts just float away. Hahaha. Have other stuff that really needs my attention, But this has now been saved and I can assure you, will be got to now that I have spent some time to lay it out. Hope this is encouraging to you ANGELREAPER1972 :)

Yes for sure, I would gladly collaborate with another artist to build a comprehensive studio/stage set. Would be a fantastic project. I would gain quite some experience also in the stuff I am still famillia with. In the meanwhile, If you already haven't, just do search on guitars and drums in the Daz 3D store. You will find that there are some pretty cool products there. I have them all myself. Can never have enough though right? :) Stay creative my friend.

Best regards

Td3d

V-Guitar_customer_suggestion.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 699K

wow your fast looks great already. yep got a few guitars and the drums, in one of my renders I redid the drum kit inspired by the one Vixen had in their video how much love, which was a combo of a motorbike Rox sat on combined with her drum kit

next render got going is another all girl band with a difference cross between Lordi and Iron Maiden was going for

Wow! Absolutely love this ANGELREAPER1972. That's so detailed. Not the kind of ban you'd throw cans at either :0 They'd probably leap off the stage and bite yer head off ...quite literally Lol :D

Such a great job. Works for me on so many levels. Love the use of Merlin's axe too. That particular guitar was the guitar that set a minimum standard for me. Did such a nice job on that set. I use it a lot. I'm still having a laugh over the chick on the J-Bass. That look! Hahaha. ...so funny. Nice job. Thanks for sharing this image.

Connatic said:

I worked on the lighting and the Iray shaders, also did a costume change.

Very cool render :)

edited June 2017

Wow, I guess we found THE place to be at the next Walpurgis night heh ^^ , seriously baddass band ! Best enjoyed on CD, probably ;) .

Post edited by Navi on

@Td3d and @Navi thanks had fun doing this one turned out better than I hoped too was a long time render but did have timer set to 0 and few other settings high to try and get as much detail as could think worth it here and the expressions well that was a happy accident just used few expressions I bought pretty normal ones but on these ladies well they really are expressive these ladies will make a comeback in more renders I think Was thinking just imagine this band playing live seeing on a 3d/4k Blu Ray :) the stahe show would be like Iron Maiden Lordi and Alice Cooper style. Yes the Merlin Bundle is pretty good get few things in that only three poses though with yours you added some extra hand poses which is pretty cool handy :)  Probably do a few normal ones sexy type next but more likely more of this type too this one has really got me wanting to do more music type inspired renders

Was just thinking about you too ANGELREAPER1972. I hope this get's you even more inspired to create musical renders also. I started, now I am having trouble stopping! :) Thought I'd give you a sneak peek at the body in testing phaze. Lots to go yet, but I can see clearly now. Those pups will go (have a better set for this girl). But Like the Stellacaster, this is pretty much how I walk through it. Thought it might interest you to see how that Stellacaster came to happen. Not saying this is easy, But the hardest part is still along way off. Making lots and lots and lots of presets for you guys to have a play with. As you can see, I'm gonna have a lot of fun setting this one up. Anyways, I can't show you too much. Spoil the surprise for when it's all good to go. Bit of insight into how your Stellacaster was created don't hurt though.

Can't wait to see more of your good work. Stay creative :)

@Td3d and @Navi thanks had fun doing this one turned out better than I hoped too was a long time render but did have timer set to 0 and few other settings high to try and get as much detail as could think worth it here and the expressions well that was a happy accident just used few expressions I bought pretty normal ones but on these ladies well they really are expressive these ladies will make a comeback in more renders I think Was thinking just imagine this band playing live seeing on a 3d/4k Blu Ray :) the stahe show would be like Iron Maiden Lordi and Alice Cooper style. Yes the Merlin Bundle is pretty good get few things in that only three poses though with yours you added some extra hand poses which is pretty cool handy :)  Probably do a few normal ones sexy type next but more likely more of this type too this one has really got me wanting to do more music type inspired renders

Td3d_Electric-V_build_body01.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M

damn looking forward to this will add variety that's for sure kinda weird no one has really offered these ones before so glad you are and I see you use Hexagon that's very interesting this shows you can create some pretty cool igh quality  stuff with it 

I think Hexagon is one of Daz 3D' un-sung heros, to be honest. Though it could use an upgrade in the UV mapping (doing a set of Grover tuners yesterday did my head in :). But It's just a simple, easy to navigate tool. That like you stated, comes up with the goods.

To respond to the comment about what has been offered, well it really is a hugely economic thing. Making things like guitars is really a niche thing. In the real, these things make beautiful "noise". In this realm, they really need to capture the imagination in some way, or they just wont pay the rent. With that in mind, I guess it's like anything. But the store is full of stuff that you can see their creators/artists are simply passionate about. It's a gallery of fine art that I am proud to be a part of, in a very small way. Regardless of the genre, I just wanna create guitars that make that visual experience just as exciting for musicians alike. Who knows, ...may even give others an appreciation for instruments that they may not have taken a lot of notice of.

But hey, I'll just build a nice complimentry rack of these things and when I am 100% with them, I'll offer them up. ...we'll see :)

damn looking forward to this will add variety that's for sure kinda weird no one has really offered these ones before so glad you are and I see you use Hexagon that's very interesting this shows you can create some pretty cool igh quality  stuff with it 

:) well thise is true on all products here some asy oh we have plenty of this or that me no we don't I personaly would like to see more of everything but like you say different styles variety in looks what ever it may be it is possible to offer and yes this is a visual medium it's all about the look some may say oh I'm not into rock or metal but even other styles of music I have seen musicians use play unusal unique instruments again here it is all about the visual. Was going through my memories for today on my facebook page and one had a picture of Lita Ford with one of her unique guitars she has a fair few interesting ones oh yeah she's the one I referred to before with a warlock Image may contain: 1 person, standing

just a quick rough onetrying something out for an idea probably change a lot of the concept Image may contain: 2 people

Yup. There are some pretty eccentric muso's out there. But if it weren't for those guys and gals, I'd be making simple ukes or something, lol. Though Their instrumants come from good stables, that's for sure. That's an interesting image you're working on. I quite like that lizard character. That pose on the Centaur... love it. Like I just see tatts all over that guy. I'll be real tied up this week or two, but I will keep my eye out for your art. Thanks for sharing those images ANGELREAPER1972.

• I'm a guitarist who loves to see guitars that aren't straight off the rack. I won't knock stock Teles and Les Pauls, but I always preferred seeing something different onstage that helped make the musicians stand out as unique. Maybe it's all ZZ Top's and Cheap Trick's faults for making me love off-the-wall guitars.

So, of course, I love the Stellacaster and I love customizing it even further with shaders I've chosen from other products. You may or may not have seen this render from the gallery.

ride-of-the-valkyries-_425_auto.jpg
    425 x 425 - 30K

What a nice image Mighty Mysterio. I recal seeing this and was amazed at what you did to those fins, wondering, How'd you do that. Don't know about others' thoughts. But this one works for me a lot. Love heaps about it.  That sepia looking tone about it, just draws me in. Thanks for sharing ths one. I just haven't the hours in the day atm to scroll through the galleries. Though I try to. But like in the real, It's nice to stand/sit and stare at art to really see what it's sayin, how, it was made, etc. Otherwise, what's the point hey! :) ...and I talk too much! :) Later my friend.

I'm a guitarist who loves to see guitars that aren't straight off the rack. I won't knock stock Teles and Les Pauls, but I always preferred seeing something different onstage that helped make the musicians stand out as unique. Maybe it's all ZZ Top's and Cheap Trick's faults for making me love off-the-wall guitars.

So, of course, I love the Stellacaster and I love customizing it even further with shaders I've chosen from other products. You may or may not have seen this render from the gallery.