More clothes for the new girl on the block: Amber

IsaacNewtonIsaacNewton Posts: 1,300
edited June 2017 in Product Suggestions

3D Universe has released a new girl character, Amber, including hair and a set of specifically made clothes where the chest area is not distorted because of the difference between a girl and a woman. That makes the resulting fit much more natural looking plus retexturing the clothes is much easier, giving the possibility for more flexibility. However, let's face it, what girl would be satisfied with only one set of clothes?

So, can we have some more clothes that are appropriate for a young girl?

Ideas:

Casual wear (of course)

Swim wear (summer is almost here in the Northern hemisphere)

School wear

Sports wear

Specific activities wear (Gymnastics, Ballet Dancing, Guides/Brownies, Outfits for special occasions)

Please don't forget shoes and socks for all these activities.

Post edited by IsaacNewton on

Comments

• ZyloxZylox Posts: 787

I will second this request. I really like 3D Universe's characters and now have Amber, Rayn, and Skyler. Finding clothes that will fit them well is challenging. Pants, shoes, and skirts generally work fine, but tops and dresses are really dificult. After testing their outfits on eachother, I found that Amber's top and swimsuit don't work well on Skyler and Rayn. The only things I could get to work well on Amber were the dresses for Skyler and The Little Ones(caucasian) by using generic smoothing. Skyler's clothes work well on Rayn, but Rayn's shirt doesn't work well with Skyler.

Amber has a nice one piece swimsuit with 5 texture options. It works well with the base G3F as well as Tween Julie 7.

I think the main things that are needed for Amber are tops, dresses, and outfits. If they had fits for Skyler and Rayn, that would be even better. Including fits for Growing up would make me ecstatic.

On a related note, a male character with the same style and similar age as these characters would be very welcome.

• Spectre576Spectre576 Posts: 53

Does anyone have any pictures of Amber's swimsuit? None of the promo photos show it very well and I'm wondering how similar it is to the other one-piece swimsuits that are already out there.

• murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,439

Does anyone have any pictures of Amber's swimsuit? None of the promo photos show it very well and I'm wondering how similar it is to the other one-piece swimsuits that are already out there.

Here's one I rendered last night. (Note: the character is not Amber's base shape.)

amberswimsuit.png
    617 x 874 - 317K

On the Amber base shape, the neckline is more square, on other figures it is rounded like in Murgatroyd's render.

• Seven193Seven193 Posts: 1,064

I think Daz can fix all of this if they split the Genesis female base character into two bases.  A standard base, and a petite base.  Both would be adult figures, but the petite base would be easily scaled down without chest distortion.  They could do that for Genesis 4.

• IsaacNewtonIsaacNewton Posts: 1,300
    Ryzen said:

I think Daz can fix all of this if they split the Genesis female base character into two bases.  A standard base, and a petite base.  Both would be adult figures, but the petite base would be easily scaled down without chest distortion.  They could do that for Genesis 4.

Yes they could, but no they won't. There have been several threads (and direct requests via DAZ Helpdesk) asking for a Kids 7 character. It has been made pretty clear that this is not going to happen.

The only way left is for people like 3DUniverse and others to produce their own "child" versions of Genesis 3 and make clothing specifically for them. Once again, the main problem with clothing is finding child appropriate clothing from amongst the commonly available G3f wardrobe (this is slightly less of a problem with G3m clothing), and once you have found something, then overcoming the enevitable distortion (both mesh and texture) that occurs when fitting clothing made for the big-breasted G3f figure (yes, she is considerably above average!) to a flat chested child figure. In practice clothing for the top half of girl figures has to be made specifically for them.

• murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,439
    Ryzen said:

Great. More figure-splitting. Just what we needed. </sarcasm>

Haven't they already done enough to destroy the one-figure-that-can-do-everything big idea behind Genesis?

• Seven193Seven193 Posts: 1,064

Great. More figure-splitting. Just what we needed. </sarcasm>

Haven't they already done enough to destroy the one-figure-that-can-do-everything big idea behind Genesis?

Then, Daz should bite the bullet and release a proper teen base (both male and female) with a corrected chest.  If the base doesn't come from Daz, then people won't stand behind it.

DAZ doesn't really need a seperate teen base. Their Tween Julie 7 and Teen Josie 7 do pretty good with most G3F clothes. After testing the 20 outfits I have on Tween Julie, 15 worked fine with no problem. Of the others, 4 should be fixable with Fit Control or a similar product. Growing Up for G3M did even better, with 14 out of 17 outfits working well. The real problem is with the various flat chested girls, such as Amber, Skyler, and the younger Growing Up morphs. A seperate child base would be unlikely to take care of the problem, sincee few if any PAs would want to make clothes for it.

Our best hope is that some PAs are willing to add fits for the Growing Up morphs to clothes they already plan to make. I only know of two outfits that have those fits, https://www.daz3d.com/time-for-school-for-genesis-3-female-s and the Leotard for G3F by Fisty and Darc(which no longer seems to be available). Also, if we are lucky, some PA may like Amber so much that they decide to make an outfit for her.

After doing some testing I found that Genesis clothes fitted with Wear Them All are much more likely to work on Amber and Skyler/Rayn. I made a list of some of the Genesis clothes that work the best on the figures. Some of them may need a lot of smoothing. Genesis clothes also work really good on Growing Up for Genesis 3 as well.

Mall Girl(Amber only)
    Pink Ink
    Summer Time
    SY Classic Swimwear
    Skinny Outfit
    Summer Casuals Fitted Sundress
    Pharaohs of the Sun
    Lily Nymph  Dress
    MFD(much better than G3F MFD)
    Defiant
    Night Guard
    Shield Maiden

• IsaacNewtonIsaacNewton Posts: 1,300

It is true that most clothes made for G3f can be made to fit a flat chested individual (be it adult or child) however, the result is an enevitable distortion of the mesh in the chest area; imagine you scoop out half a grapefruit and then try flattening the leftover skin, it will rip apart! Even so it is possible to smooth the resulting distorted mesh in programs like Zbrush. The big problem is fixing the distortion in the texture. If a texture has a pattern on it that has been made to fit the original grapefruit chested G3f clothing then when the clothing is fit to a flat-chested figure the texture pattern will be distorted. Smoothing may help a bit but in my experience it takes a LOT of photoshop work to correct the distortion and it's painful trial and error work. If the PA did not bother to make the clothing texture fit the shape of G3f then it will already be distorted on G3f, but most good PAs do make some effort to make texture patterns fit the body shape.