how can I use dive fins as props

Hi Gang:

Just a quick question I want to show my 3d model "carrying her dive fins, NOT wearing them".  I've seen examples of this in "The Girl 7 images, where she is carrying her fins in her hands.  One is this possible to manipulate and Two, how do I go about doing this. Cheers and thanks for anyones input:)

Comments

• tj_1ca9500btj_1ca9500b Posts: 2,048
    edited June 2017

OK, so I have some fins for V4, but this should work for most items.

Unparent the fins from whichever model you are using (right click the fins in the Scene window, and select the Unparent option for them).  You may then need to check the box for 'show hidden properties' under the Parameters menu icon at the upper right of the Parameters tab window, to show the adjustments below, if they aren't there already.

Anyways, you'll see x, y, and z adjustments, as well as the rotations x, y, and z.  Use these adjustments to locate the fins where you need them.  If these are locked, unlock them (click the lock icon) so that you may adjust them.  Pick the 'hip' bone of the fins to adjust their positioning, then you can select the left or right shin to change the positioning of one fin vs the other (say you want to stack them).

You can then drag the fins listing to pair them up with a body part in the Scene window (i.e. have them appear under the right hand, for example), so that they move with the arm/hand when you adjust the pose.

Edit: you can also select the main listing for the V4 fins to adjust their positioning as well.  Sometimes you need to start with the hip, but adjusting them a the 'listing' level is probably preferred.

Post edited by tj_1ca9500b on
  • Sorry I didn't respond sooner to thank you, for getting back to me.  I will give this a shot and see what happens.  Finally figured out how NOT to make my diver models "shiny".  Honestly though I have never has soo much fun with discovery, also played around with lighting, cant wait to really explore this aspect too. Have a wonderuful weekend friend:)

• JamesJABJamesJAB Posts: 1,760

Another option would be to make one of the fins the only thing visible in your scene, then export it as an object file.  Now do the same with the other fin.  (make sure to name them somthing that makes sense)  Now import them into Studio as props, and apply the materials from the product settings (this should work because all of the material names should still be the same.)