Mouse goes whacky.

On m laptop, Daz runs fine. Slow, of course, but fine. On my desktop it usually runs better but the mouse will act up. I can minimize daz and the mouse will work fine, but in Daz it is very erratic. I'll click and hold the cube or an icon (zoom, or pan), and instead of moving the camera, it will instead move the model. I'm not clicking it, it's not hightlighted, but the waist will bend, or the head will twist, etc.

Any ideas?

Comments

• JamesJABJamesJAB Posts: 1,760

Are you using the touchpad, or a usb mouse?

• SteelbladeSteelblade Posts: 54

Logitech Wireless USB Trackball. Had it for years.

Do you know what CPU, RAM, and GPU your laptop is running? 
    On a side note, I approve of your taste in mice.  I love my trackball.  Is yours the older Trackman Marble version with the big wireless reciever, or the newer M570 with the unifying reciever?

Come to think of it...  Possible wireless mouse issue causes.  Cell phone too close, or battery getting low.

It's my desktop, big gaming computer. 3.2 Ghz processor, 8 GB ram, NVIdia GeFore GTX745 proessor with 2 GB dedicated memory. THe M570 trackball. Love it to death. :)

Update. New battery, also tried a USB mouse that came with the computer I forgot I had. That worked with no trouble. Use the Trackball right next to the USB receiver. Nope. Only the trackball mouse acts up like that. Only in Daz, not any other program. 

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,944

Sorts like to my DAZ Studio is using a lot of resources because you created a complicated scene and the computer has trouble keeing up. Go into Edit - Preferences & turn off Render SubPixel, Optimize for Best, and HW Optimization off I think are the 3 things you want to do.

Also, if you have iRay Preview for your viewport(s) turned on, changed that to Texture Preview for the viewport(s). 

Another quick update. The phrase 'new computer' reminded me I hadn't actually installed the trackball drivers, just the default windows driver. No change.

If you open a blank scene in daz studio and load one G3F and nothing else, does it still act up?

Is the trackball plugged into a USB hub, or a USB add in card? (Or a hub plugged into an add in USB card?)

It's straight into the computer. I also took the step of plugging the trackball into the laptop and the problem folllows the mouse, but only in Daz.

Strange.  Are you runing the standard retail build of Studio, or a beta build?

Public build. 4.9. It DID act up with only a single model on a test run.

Sorts like to my DAZ Studio is using a lot of resources because you created a complicated scene and the computer has trouble keeing up. Go into Edit - Preferences & turn off Render SubPixel, Optimize for Best, and HW Optimization off I think are the 3 things you want to do.

Also, if you have iRay Preview for your viewport(s) turned on, changed that to Texture Preview for the viewport(s). 

I don't seem to have those settings. I've looked several times.

Who else here is using a trackball or touchpad? What model, etc, is it?