Locating Purchased Items

Hi, i am haveing a specific problem finding and item I purchased, but it also leads to a bigger problem... I often can't find items I have purchased.

What I am looking for is something I thought was called "Hacker's lair" which is like a small basement room, with a computer in it. It was a small scene with only two walls as I recall, and I thought I ran across it the other day. I wanted a small sceen for rendering speed.

Searching "Computer," "hacker," "lair," "den" and "basement" led to no results on the Saz site, my install manager, and my Daz Studio.

Does anyone know what I am referring to and can you point me to the product page?

The bigger problem is that so much stuff is like this... I had a problem locating a thing called a "gamepad" in the description... which is like a joystick, even though I knew I had bought one. Gamepad and joystick didn't come up in any searches either.  There are so many times I buy something for an accessory like a laptop, cell phone, tablet, or tube of lipstick... never to be seen again.

Is there a solution to the indexing problem?

Comments

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,944

1st make sure in the 'Scene' tab that you have 'Clear Selection' so that the 'Smart Content' filter software won't filter out products that aren't associated with the product you have currently selected in the 'Scene tab'.

Well I'm often in that situation and the easiest way if you've searched a few minutes and can't find is to start the 'DIM' (DAZ Install Manager') and go to the Installed Products tab and sort by purchase date, find your product, and then right click and 'show installed packages'.

However, if you've installed by the 'Content Manager' I'm not sure but check to see if you go to the 'Installed Tab' under the 'All products' if it is not possible to sort those by purchase date. So then I think that is the default and so then you just select the product you bought by double clicking and you will enter the catalogue listing for that product's components.

Also, overlooked a lot of times but at the bottom of the 'Content Library' tab is an alphabetic listing of individual products and a catalogue listing of products by category. I don't know if those two sort filters have sort criteria available to sort by purchase date though. 

• Okay I found it.

It is called "Coder's Haven."

It doesn't come up under the words computers, hacker, basement, etc. in either the store or my file library.

There are so many products like this. They are named creatively, and you can never find them again.

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,985

There is no ' in the name.

Here's the product link:  https://www.daz3d.com/coders-haven

Here's the documentation link that shows where to find the product in your content library:
    http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/30835/start

• My point was that I remembered it being a hackers lair, as opposed to "Coders Haven."  It is a cretive name, but does not describe the product in a way you can search for it months later. Computer is one term that is not searchable in the product in DS or the DS site.

The Gamepad from First Bastion also isn't searchable in the directory under "game," or "pad" or "controller" or "joystick"

It is searchable under gamepad on the DS site, but only if you think to call it that.

So many products have creative names but become not searchable months later when you may need to use it and think to yourself... 'I remember buying a computer room... what was it called?  Hackers something?  No. Well I will search compter. No. Well I wil search basement or den. No..." and on and on and on.

It would really be helpful to index products more accurately to what they are as opposed to creative names.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,455

That is why a lot of users choose to use custom categories. Everything is wherever you want it so its easy to find.

• How can i find "My Shapes For Genesis 8" ? t=They're accessories to change the body size / lip size / waist size etc