DES Desidora, no black lipstick?

ZarconDeeGrissomZarconDeeGrissom Posts: 5,412
edited June 2017 in The Commons

ok, am I missing something here?

or is the black lipstick only an Iray thing (shader trick on another lip map)? BTW, that is the darker red map in the screencap.

There is a red, and a darker red, no black? And that is clearly much darker in the promo than the provided presets.

DES_Desidora_NoBlackLipstick_001.png
512 x 1024 - 70K
Post edited by ZarconDeeGrissom on

Comments

• valzheimervalzheimer Posts: 519

Looks more like a very dark red to me in the promos, store page states 7 lip colors, and there's 7 maps in your screenshot so I doubt anything is missing. Rather test in a preview render than just applying the mat, shaders play a big role in how colors look in the final render :)

• ZarconDeeGrissomZarconDeeGrissom Posts: 5,412
    edited June 2017

I did, there is a dark red, and a bright red, nothing as dark as in the cover promo that is almost pure black.

DES_Desidora_NoBlackLipstick_002.png
    700 x 800 - 297K
    edited June 2017

I can probably monkey with the map in gimp, tho that does not help anyone else.  The closing question I guess, is how was that scene set up to make the lipstick appear near black?

At first, I thought the lipstick color was black black. I don't even know what to call that, it's like the navy blue equivalent of really dark red (32r 0g 0b), lol.

(Ignore the izabella7 ears, lol) OK, this is the darker of the red presets, what am I missing?

• JessaiiJessaii Posts: 845

It does seem to be an Iray thing. I didnt do a black lip for her but depending on the lighting, because the red lip is plugged into both the diffuse and the translucency node it will be darker or brighter depending on pose/lighting/etc. I cannot get it to appear that dark personally i can get dark dark red but not that near black so am curious what lighting was used there also :) 

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,145

Could also be tonemapping making the lips look that dark...let's say, if the gamma was changed.

Laurie

edited June 2017

ok, thanks for the feedback.  Because I'm stuck on a wilfully inadequate FX8350 computer with an Iray lacking 4GB GTX1050Ti graphics card, I swapped out the stock shedar for a daz default alt-shader that I set up for another DES figure (right-click, ignore maps). Then fussed with the lip diffuse settings a bit.

Looks much better now, I'm very happy with the results.

Someday I will be able to scrape up enough funds for a threadripper and a ITX 8GB GTX1070, just not anytime soon.