Cannot find my skies.

Can someone please educate me? I recently bought Dreamlight Ultimate Skies Hi Rez Backgrounds Pt1 and Pt2. I wanted to use these backgrounds today but do you think I can find them? Nope! I know they're in there somewhere, I can see the titles in content library, I can navigate to where they are stored on my PC and see all the little pictures of skies but finding them in DS to use has got me beat. Would some kind person tell me where I'm going wrong please.

Thank you.

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,925

when in doubt open DIM and rightclick on the downloaded product to see installed files.

• Cat_DancingCat_Dancing Posts: 519

Thank you for that pointer I'll get in there right away.

Have a nice day.

Hey th3Digit.

I've just had a look in IM and both the products (Dreamlight Ultimate Skies) are shown as loaded and installed. I 'clicked' on everything but I still cannot work out how to use the content.............Frustrated.

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,046

These are background only images looking at the sale page (I don't own them). To use them go to the menu Window/Panes/Environment click on Type and choose Backdrop. Click on the little arrow under Background and go to where the files are installed and choose one. This will now show up in the background of your render just add everything else as normal.

• Hey th3Digit.

I've just had a look in IM and both the products (Dreamlight Ultimate Skies) are shown as loaded and installed. I 'clicked' on everything but I still cannot work out how to use the content.............Frustrated.

Right-click, View Installed Files.

As always, DAZ community experts to the rescue. Thanks for your comments and your time.

I'll get right on it.

And I did. I went through windows/panes/environment and chose backdrop...........but could get no further, I couldn't see the little arrow under backdrop. (see image)

Capture.PNGDAZ Backgrounds.PNG
    553 x 786 - 36K

Hi Richard and Fishtales. As an aside to trying to sort the sky I decided to go for a single colour after investigating what Fishtales had advised. I then Rendered and saved as a jpeg. The resulting disaster is attached, it looks as if it's been raining for a month or more. The picture should look totally dry, no water was intended and there's too much light. What have I done wrong this time? I chose iray in the render menu. It's taken me about 5 hours to compose the picture.

Page 1.jpg
    1085 x 830 - 647K
  • FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,046

In your image the small arrow is attached to the bottom right of the square next to the colour box directly beneath the word Background.