Growing Up for Genesis 8 (Commercial)

1234568»

Comments

• OR can I ask for my money back, if it turns out I can't get help on this?

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,226
    Yes, you can get help from Daz3D customer service or get a refund within 30 days of purchase. You do either of those by submitting a help request. https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,580

deyken_21c94e698e said:

Absolutely nothing anyone suggested here works! Mayby I'm clicking the effing icon wrong or something. The only dials available are 3: Eyelashes curl, eyelashes length and some other effing thing. Nothing that would have any affect on any other "shaping". I have the genesis 8 figure seleted in the Scene tab, then I double click the bejeeezuz out of the Icons (Age 5-6, young teen, whatever). Nothing happens. Not a single darn thing. No extra dials, nothing. Also nothing actually happend with the genesis 8 figure.

What in the world am I doing wrong, then? Surely I have to be able to see the effect on the selected genesis 8 character/figure/object, once I have double-clicked the Apply Age icons? Right? Or am I missing somthing?

Sounds like you have installed it wrong.

How did you do the installation? 

• edited October 2021

PerttiA said:

deyken_21c94e698e said:

Absolutely nothing anyone suggested here works! Mayby I'm clicking the effing icon wrong or something. The only dials available are 3: Eyelashes curl, eyelashes length and some other effing thing. Nothing that would have any affect on any other "shaping". I have the genesis 8 figure seleted in the Scene tab, then I double click the bejeeezuz out of the Icons (Age 5-6, young teen, whatever). Nothing happens. Not a single darn thing. No extra dials, nothing. Also nothing actually happend with the genesis 8 figure.

What in the world am I doing wrong, then? Surely I have to be able to see the effect on the selected genesis 8 character/figure/object, once I have double-clicked the Apply Age icons? Right? Or am I missing somthing?

I purchased it from the DAZ store and installed it via DAZ Central. Was that the wrong way?

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,580

deyken_21c94e698e said:

PerttiA said:

deyken_21c94e698e said:

I purchased it from the DAZ store and installed it via DAZ Central. Was that the wrong way?

Depends on where DAZ Central made the installation and which folders you have specified in "Content Directory Manager" for DS to use.
    Take a screenshot of the specified folders and show us.

If you search your drives for "JcmAssistController.dsf" in Windows Explorer, what is the complete path to the file, starting from the drive letter?

PathToContDirMan.JPG
    564 x 532 - 60K
    ContentDirMan.JPG
    384 x 240 - 19K
  • marblemarble Posts: 7,449

deyken_21c94e698e said:

Is there somebody at DAZ 3D themselves who can help with this issue I'm having with "Growing Up for Genesis Females"? These forums aren't helpful even a little bit.

Here's what it looks like for me. I load a G8F, select her and go to the Shapes section of the Content tab. Click one of the presets and I get the figure you see on the right (see attached).

GU01.jpg
    835 x 423 - 73K
    GU02.jpg
    932 x 962 - 82K
    GU03.jpg
    562 x 822 - 111K
  • deyken_21c94e698e said:

marble said:

deyken_21c94e698e said:

sandmanmax said:

mcarlsonrb said:

I am trying to use your Growing up for Genesis 8 Females product on this model: SKU:72337

When I age her back to 9-10 years old she still has small breasts

If that figure has seperate head and body shapers, sliding the body shaper back towards 0 will reduce that. Of course this will make the body shape closer to that of Genesis 8 scalled-down.

There may also be a Breast Gone or Breasts Small morph that should work.  I"m not positive if these are default morphs or something I bought, but it's worth looking.  They do a much better job that just reducing body shape.

I know its like a million years later, but I'm trying to use this product. I click on the character object, and then I doulbe click the bejeezuz out of the "Apply" icons, for any age. Nothing. In the unlikely event that someone sees this, and cares, kindly post a step-by-step thing on how to get "Gowing Up" to work? Would really appreciate that. If not, well, I guess it is what it is. I really hope I did not waste the money buying this product now...

God, I hate this program... 

The dials and the presets work but you get a better represention of the age range using the presets in my experience. I usually dial back the head proportion because, although the measurement might be accurate it just looks wrong to me. Sometimes it can be difficult getting a flat chest which is mostly fine because they are dressed but the problem can be projected into the clothing which then looks wrong. I have not found a way around that yet other than morphing it out in Blender. These are minor issues though.

I have to say that these Growing Up sets have been invaluable to me recently since I embarked on a project to recreate scenes from memories of my own childhood. I wish the store had 1950s/1960s childrens clothes but I can't fault the quality of these Zev0 sets. 

Yes, you are obviously missing something: files! Please download and install Growing Up the old fashion way: manually! If there are no dials (because of missing files for the morphs), clicking the preset icons will also do exactly nothing.

• Doc AcmeDoc Acme Posts: 1,153
    edited January 2022

I've had the product for a couple years & used it a number of times, but haven't for awhile and particularly with 4.16 of DS.

I export via FBX, and don't recall having to Bake anything before, but my characters don't always stay "baked" to their age; they revert to the adult form.

But it's being intermittant.

Shift - B for Bake to Transforms, but after that your pretty much on your own. If you accept the defaulted Poses, DS hangs.  So I do everyhing category, ONE at a TIME, and that generally works.  

But when I do on a current character, they mostly revert.

Not having proper docs on any of this certainly doesn't help, but is there method or recipe I should be looking at for this, such as am I missing a step?

Or could someone explore this a bit more see if something is amiss?

Post edited by Doc Acme on
  • hHow do I install the face Presets?

• I'm trying to make this work in 4.22, and absolutely nothing happens when I apply it to G8 figure?

• Eggs Actly said:

I'm trying to make this work in 4.22, and absolutely nothing happens when I apply it to G8 figure?

How did you install?

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,046

Eggs Actly said:

I'm trying to make this work in 4.22, and absolutely nothing happens when I apply it to G8 figure?

Working Fine here on my side.

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621
    edited November 2023

Richard Haseltine said:

Eggs Actly said:

How did you install?

Mines not working either, installed via DIM will uninstall and reinstall and report back

Update: yes if you uninstall and reinstall it works, I did persue the log before hand and there was no information there exept it didn't show the morphs loaded but no error messages.

Post edited by Daventaki on
  • Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,046
    4.22 is a pain in the @$$...I reverted back to 4.21 because half my scenes crash when I try to render..Also I have no idea how it manages to break a product that is just morph related. eg no scripts involved.
  • Zev0 said:

4.22 is a pain in the @$$...I reverted back to 4.21 because half my scenes crash when I try to render..Also I have no idea how it manages to break a product that is just morph related. eg no scripts involved.

Out Of Touch hairs? There is aknown issue in Iray with having a map assigned to transmitted Colour, which soem of their custom shader materials do - they ahve updated many but some are not, and the isntallation order and method can mean those old files are the ones used.