For those who have chevybabe25's Vincenzina

At first I was getting an error message whenever I loaded a genesis 3 female. I checked the log and saw that Chevybabe25's Vincenzina character was mentioned in the log, Obviously being the source of the error, for whatever reason. I tried to fix it, by uninstalling and re-installing the character. This did not work. Just eventually ignoring it because it really wasn't causing any visible issues.

Fast forward a few weeks, and there's an update for Vincenzina in my daz download manager. I figured this might fix the issue. Well... after downloading it, every Genesis 3 female character that I load, now has Vinzenzina's face dialed up to 100. Again, it's more of an annoyance, as now I have to go and manually 0 Vincenzina's head on any Gen 3 female that I load. Still... 

So... is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Comments

• I'm a long time user of DAZ Studio, and I have a LOT of content.  I've created a number of characters that I reuse, with no issues until about two hours ago.

I am running latest DAZ Studio (4.9.4.122 64 bit pro on Windows 10), and installed a product update using install manager just before this happened (unfortunately I do not know which one it was, but it was a specific product and not "Genesis 3" based).

When I loaded one of my working scenes  (that I saved and loaded successfully multiple times earlier today), the characters were deformed -- looking at the morph dials they have many random settings (like "face->mouth->lips thin" set to -69.7%, I always set to whole numbers).

I've attached what I get when I load ANY G3F character either in a scene or from my "smart content".

The first is the normal Abby character, which I created by zeroing the deformed character and applying the morphs manually.

The second is what I get when I load the character directly from the Smart Content->Figures->People->Female->Real World->Abby.  EVERY G3 character I load from Smart Content OR in a scene looks like the one on the right.

I have hundreds if not thousands of hours of work done and all that is lost if I have to redo it all.  I am really hoping that this is not a "uninstall/reinstall" situation because that will take literally days. Any ideas?

Thank you for your help!

Abby_ManualMorphApplied.png
    952 x 1232 - 615K
    Abby_LoadedFromDUFFile.png
    952 x 1232 - 610K
  • I found the install manager logs, here's the updates that were applied:

Installing product : Vincenzina for Genesis 3 Female
    Product successfully installed : Vincenzina for Genesis 3 Female
    Install Queue finished in 0 min 6.5 sec.
    Installing product : BackYard Retreat
    Product successfully installed : BackYard Retreat
    Install Queue finished in 0 min 4.9 sec.

...so unless Vincenzina or the BackYard Retreat scene corrupted DAZ's ability to load duf files or figures, I'm at a loss...

• Ok... this makes no sense, but on closer inspection the deformities are a great deal like Vincenzina's strong features.

I uninstalled Vincenzina and now everything loads correctly. 

Hopefully anyone else who sees this issue will be able to resolve it more quickly than I did.... back to my scenes :)

• I have Vincenzina, installed via Connect, and am not seeing this issue. Since Vincenzina has her own sldier it's possible that something else has been saved with a non-zero default value and that is driving the Vincenzina shape. Try reinstalling, and if the issue persists click the gear icon on the Vincenzina moprhs to open Parameter Settings and look to see what, if anything, is listed in the Controllers tab at the bottom: if there is anything there, check to see if it is set to be always on (check its default value in its Parameter Settings dialogue).

• Thank you, Richard, for this advice.  I often avoid installing via Connect as I have had some issues in the past with content controllers not targetted to anything (i.e. content not responding to parameter settings).

I will investigate Vincenzina install via Connect and see if that allows me to continue using that model.

The wierd thing here for me, though, is that this happened on ALL G3F duf files, including all product figures... like the parameter settings for Vincenzina were injecting on load regardless of the content. I've never seen (or heard) of that before...

Again, thanks for your help.

• Applying to all figures is what I would expect if a morph (or other controller) saved as an asset with a non-zero deault was driving the Vincenzina shape.

• I apologise, there is in fact a very new update for Vincenzina and that seems to have introduced the issue - there's hidden Vicenzina (note the missing n) head parameter that loads at 100%.

• hi

how to restore the genesis 3 base to his default shape 

when i load her some morph and shape are already apply...

i try to unistall and reinstall the genesis 3 starter essential without success

thanks in advance  

• There seems to be a very new update to Vincenzina that is causing an issue - I have reproted it, in the emantime if you have that character and have isntalled it you could unisntall or you could use Edit>Figure>Zero>Zero Figure Shape to clear all shaping on each loaded figure before working.

• There seems to be a very new update to Vincenzina that is causing an issue - I have reproted it, in the emantime if you have that character and have isntalled it you could unisntall or you could use Edit>Figure>Zero>Zero Figure Shape to clear all shaping on each loaded figure before working.

thanks a lot for your quick reply

in effect i've got vincenzina...

• Merged threads, and as noted above this has been reported (and confirmed by support).

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,808

The same thing happened to me this morning, and I solved it by uninstalling the product through DIM, deleting the root files from My Daz Library, and opening Daz Studio with DIM still up so that DS could reconfigure the database. That solved it.

I'm just glad that it was Vincenzina (who is so recognizable, especially added to another morph, that I instantly knew who it was) rather than a weaker morph that I would have no idea about.

• Thank goodness I found this thread! Everything was fine yesterday, but today all my Gen 3 females were loading really ugly! LOL I uninstalled Vincenzina, and that fixed it. cheeky 

Ok... this makes no sense, but on closer inspection the deformities are a great deal like Vincenzina's strong features.

I uninstalled Vincenzina and now everything loads correctly. 

Hopefully anyone else who sees this issue will be able to resolve it more quickly than I did.... back to my scenes :)

• Im a manual installer so I dont know if that wouldve caused an issue or not. Did anyone figure out what the update was about?

• jardinejardine Posts: 1,196

update in DIM thismorning...

official note:  2017-09-14 - Corrected head morph default value.

thanks, chevybabe!  :)

j

• Yes. Thank you to Chevybabe25. I love the Vincenzina figure. So, if I had to go on with the error to use it, I would have. Very glad to read that it's been resolved though.

• Is it working now? Mine still wasn't.

• No. It's still broken. It looks like they've put the fixed Vincenzina Head Apply.dsf file in the root directory of the zip, The version of that file in the zip's Content\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 3\Female\Morphs\Chevybabe25\Vincenzina still has the wrong default value.

Manually copying the new dsf from the root of the zip to the correct directory fixes the problem.

I've reported this.

• There's apparently already a fixed update, but it isn't yet showing for me - I'll look in the morning.

• Hoping the new update comes soon and that it fixes the problem.  I even uninstalled her through DIM and her morphs are still injected into every character.  Not just the single head shape morph but all of the little tweaks to each head part are still there.  All the different eye tweaks, chin, cheek, mouth, every little tweak is affected and will not zero out when you just run the head morph to zero.  Richard's suggestion for zeroing figure shape worked perfectly.  Just have to redial the original character you wanted unless you are going for base genesis 3 female.

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,808

I uninstalled Vincenzina when the problem initially occurred. But when I open some of my older scenes that didn't even have Vincenzina in them, there is a Missing Files screen prompt that says elements from her are missing, and it gives me the option to install her. That's odd, and it's too bad, because I'm not taking any chances on Vincenzina again. Spelling is ABSOLUTELY important in computers and DNA.

• I don't think the missing n was a factor, I was just pointing out that it made the slider harder to find by filtering.

If you still get thee ffect after unisntalling check that you don't have a second copy of the files.

• Wow. Vincenzina has gone rogue. I'm not sure how this happened as this is a recent set of events on an older character. I hope they get this fixed soon.

double wow...

well, i'm not surprised that you didn't have anything to do with the weirdness, chevybabe.  the lack of attention to detail just didn't seem like your style. 

:)

j

• Thanks Jardine :)

• Any word on when a fix for this is coming?  All my G3 characters were working fine this morning.  Shut down to avoid a bit of a thunderstorm and get a bite to eat and find that Vincenzina has bitten  VERY annoyng.

i just uninstalled via DIM, and kept an eye on the updates. 

vincenzina will pop right up again in the DIM download tab.  if you click the info button, the product info page loads, and you can scroll down to monitor their update/fix status.  there are only two updates listed currently...when the third appears, she's probably safe to reinstall.

if they haven't gotten it sorted out by tomorrow morning, i guess i'll throw in another support ticket, and maybe that'll inspire someone to expedite the fix.

j

• I just want to let everyone know that an update will be out later today!

• Thank you.

• Will this update require removal of original install?