I need braids!

iDiruiDiru Posts: 696
edited April 2013 in The Commons

I know I JUST posted a topic but...yeah I need braids.
I have already posted about this before but I will now include other braids I have bought that do not work. So here we have this man. I want a braid like his. I know he actually has corn rowes but I'm willing to make an exception for just a braid because I don't think there are corn rowes.

I want a posable braid.
I bought Loreley and HR-98 but Loreley doesn't go behind the back, and HR-98 has too much hair in the front. I have Vayne (Vain) Braid but the braid is up too high.

I have Nienna hair but the bangs seem too long.

I am spending way too much money on hairs that don't work for what I need them to.
So, here is a pic of the hair I want kind of, and here's the pics of all the hair I used.

I made the Nienna hair black on the braid part because the hair is actually black on the braids part but it turns brown and sucks. So I will settle for just purple if I have to.

Leather.png
1220 x 642 - 1M
koo.png
993 x 812 - 1M
shittyhair.png
1220 x 642 - 1M
140.jpg
564 x 718 - 91K
Post edited by iDiru on

Comments

• iDiruiDiru Posts: 696
    edited December 1969

Kattey said:

I can't tell...can you remove the gems from the dragonbraid or are they stuck there?
  • KatteyKattey Posts: 2,899
    edited December 1969

Do you mean little gems in a long braid?

edited December 1969

Kattey said:
    Do you mean little gems in a long braid?
    yeah
  • KatteyKattey Posts: 2,899
    edited December 1969

Those are a separate figure. You don't have to load it if you don't want to.

• Gloomy007Gloomy007 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Any posable braid will be good. Dragon Braid from Arki or Amaizing Posable Braid from Propschick, and there is also free braid figure ( It is only the braid, no hair attached) from Thorne at Faerie Wylde : http://www.faeriewylde.com/FW4/index.php?topic=509.0 (need to be logged in to see)

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,591
    edited December 1969

...I know the feeling. I was in the same boat for years looking for a nice long Ponytail that was easy to pose for my namesake. Must have pretty much everything that Daz came out with in this style, from the overly complex Mooch Tail to V5 Elite Ponytail. Finally found Pure Hair Wild which works quite nicely.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,815
    edited December 1969

You could try Blue Soul and its expansion pack from OutOfTouch at Renderosity. If you want to use it on Genesis, it would have to be treated as prop hair, even though it's a CR2 -- I've tried converting it, and that goes very very wrong. For that matter, if you have a base hair style that you want to use, you could try just the expansion pack.

Unfortunately, Renderosity is having Issues with showing images on the Editorial tab, so you can't see the product at the moment, and I'm not anywhere near the computer where I could do a render to show you. I can try one later tonight, if you still need it then.

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

Caleb Hair has cornrows. They don't go down to the back, but perhaps this could be combined with something else to get the effect you want: http://www.daz3d.com/caleb-hair

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,815
    edited December 1969

iDiru said:
    I bought Loreley and HR-98 but Loreley doesn't go behind the back, and HR-98 has too much hair in the front. I have Vayne (Vain) Braid but the braid is up too high.

I am spending way too much money on hairs that don't work for what I need them to.

Just to clarify what you want/need: Do you need to have lots of braids going down the back, or do you need/want one big braid?

If you want lots of braids, one thing that might work is Demon Lord Hair at Renderosity. I note that with a caveat; I had to return it because it locked up my version of Studio, but the vendor says that they know of several people using it in Studio without any issue, so it may be something about my installation. And it works just fine in Poser -- I don't know which program you need this to work in. In any event, it has lots of braids going down the back, and it's designed for a male character, so it may work for what you need. Not cheap, though.

edited December 1969

vwrangler said:
    iDiru said:

Just to clarify what you want/need: Do you need to have lots of braids going down the back, or do you need/want one big braid?

If you want lots of braids, one thing that might work is Demon Lord Hair at Renderosity. I note that with a caveat; I had to return it because it locked up my version of Studio, but the vendor says that they know of several people using it in Studio without any issue, so it may be something about my installation. And it works just fine in Poser -- I don't know which program you need this to work in. In any event, it has lots of braids going down the back, and it's designed for a male character, so it may work for what you need. Not cheap, though.
    The problem with demonlord hair is that it doesn't have the fringes near the front and also what I need it for is V4.

• zawarkalzawarkal Posts: 1,018
    edited December 1969

Krissy said:
    Any posable braid will be good. Dragon Braid from Arki or Amaizing Posable Braid from Propschick, and there is also free braid figure ( It is only the braid, no hair attached) from Thorne at Faerie Wylde : http://www.faeriewylde.com/FW4/index.php?topic=509.0 (need to be logged in to see)

Thank you for posting this. This is exactly what I needed to find.