Product Library Issue

DAZ_JonDAZ_Jon Posts: 582
edited December 1969 in The Commons

A quick update on the product library issues which some users have been having. There is an outstanding issue of the filter buttons and left menu not working properly in some cases. The problem is, we haven't been able to duplicate it at all. We have done extensive testing in IE8, IE9, IE10, FireFox 18, FireFox 19, Firefox 20, Chrome, Safari, and Opera, all but IE in both Windows and OSX. It has passed through both our automated unit testing via Selenium and manual functional testing. Unfortunately, unless we can duplicate it or see the errors in action with some way to examine the errors, we can't fix it.

So, if you're having the issue right now, and have Skype installed to share your desktop so I can walk you through some of the debugging to find what errors are cropping up in the browser, and are willing to spend some time helping to identify the issue, PM me. It will probably take 15 - 30 minutes and prefer to have the problem in either Chrome or FF as those browsers have the better built in developer tools we'll be using.

Comments

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

I am not into coding javascript- so don't know if this will help you-
    but I am Chrome.
    I have two Product Library tabs open from last night and this morning, they work.
    In a third tab, I have today's which does not work.
    Would hitting view/source yield any results for you that you could use? I personally dont have time to go line by line, but don't even know if the codes would be different. It has a bunch of that Cloud stuff coding.

• DAZ_JonDAZ_Jon Posts: 582
    edited December 1969

Novica said:
    I am not into coding javascript- so don't know if this will help you-
    but I am Chrome.
    I have two Product Library tabs open from last night and this morning, they work.
    In a third tab, I have today's which does not work.
    Would hitting view/source yield any results for you that you could use? I personally dont have time to go line by line, but don't even know if the codes would be different. It has a bunch of that Cloud stuff coding.

Viewing source won't be helpful. In Chrome you can open up the Developers Console (In Windows Control -Shift -J, in OS X Command - Option - J).

Either clicking around on the non working elements on the page or on the page load when it loads up broken, it should spit at least one javascript error that is basically the starting point that is preventing the rest of the code in the page to execute and provide the full functionality. And again, if anyone is willing to do a Skype session, you can share your desktop and I will walk you through what to click or type where so our development team can get the error that is triggering to start debugging it.

• SiennaBlueSiennaBlue Posts: 217
    edited December 1969

I had this problem and read a post (I don't have the link at the moment) that recommended updating JAVA. I did this and my Product Library works fine, now. I have a pc with Windows 7 64-bit and Firefox 20. Don't know if this will help at all.

edited December 1969

And I read other posts that updating the JAVA is when their problems started, and folks who didn't weren't having a problem. So? But it's a thought :)

edited December 1969

Hmmm. I remember now I also deleted my cache and DAZ cookies. Can only share my own experience. ~shrug~

edited December 1969

Java won't affect any of this. The Product Library is largely JavaScript, and even though they have similar names and are often confused for one another, they are worlds apart in both functionality and purpose. Updating the Java VM or not won't impact the functionality of the Product Library at all.

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

Jon, I just tried my Product Library with Chrome again and still not working. You're probably already home and I'm going to bed, but maybe I can help with this tomorrow.

ProductLibrary_Chrome.png
    1360 x 238 - 75K
    edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:
    Jon, I just tried my Product Library with Chrome again and still not working. You're probably already home and I'm going to bed, but maybe I can help with this tomorrow.

That is actually very helpful. We will be looking more into it tomorrow, although we might need a bit more details tomorrow to fix the problem.
  • edited December 1969

Yup - I got the same malformed URI console message on my W7 64 bit Firefox 21.0, none of the buttons work either - can't get past first page..

edited December 1969

As of 4am it was working for me. (Chrome, Windows 7, 64 bit) and it had been down all afternoon/evening. So give it another try. All numbered pages were clickable, search was fine too.

• edited December 1969

I tried again, but still no response from the buttons. Luckily, the email confirmation contained the product codes, so I was able to navigate to my purchases by modifying the URL in the navigation toolbar.

edited December 1969

They did extend the Monday sale another day- got the email at 4:35am. So folks who are having trouble surfing their products to see what they've got may be able to participate.

edited December 1969

My post in the "New Product Library! Replaces Itemized/Downloadables Has Product Pages and Search!" thread. about disabling and then uninstalling Java.

edited December 1969

DAZ_Jon said:
    AtticAnne said:

That is actually very helpful. We will be looking more into it tomorrow, although we might need a bit more details tomorrow to fix the problem.

My computer and I are available to help as needed. Chrome is my browser of choice, so I want it to play nice with DAZ.

edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:
    DAZ_Jon said:
    AtticAnne said:

My computer and I are available to help as needed. Chrome is my browser of choice, so I want it to play nice with DAZ.
    We just pushed up an update to the Product Library that should be handling the malformed cookies gracefully. If you reload the page and are still encountering the problem, let me know here.

edited December 1969

Thank you, Jon. Working nicely now. You guys rock!