Can't Render In Daz?????

Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,341
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I have no idea why Daz is suddenly acting up. At first I thought it was the shader lights I was using, but seems regular lights are also causing a problem. I keep getting a memory error and program has become unstable message every time I try to render an image. Anyone have any clues as to why this is happening and what I can do to fix it?

Comments

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited December 1969

Have you rebooted your computer yet?

• JabbaJabba Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

I don't know why either, but it happens to me quite regularly, so I always save scene before rendering.

Maybe my 8GB of RAM just ain't cutting it anymore, LOL

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited December 1969

Jabba101 said:
    I don't know why either, but it happens to me quite regularly, so I always save scene before rendering.

Maybe my 8GB of RAM just ain't cutting it anymore, LOL

Cant be. I have a Intel Core2 Quad w/8GB RAM and I cannto remember the last time DS crashed on me.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Can you post your Advanced Render Settings, and what's in the scene?

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,341
    edited April 2013

Both the program and the computer have been rebooted several times, I even ran a scan of the entire computer, software and hardware and no faults were found. The last time I got an error, another window popped up stating there was a fatal exception error and it was one of the dll's in the system 32 folder. I attempt to save the information to show what it said (I didn't understand it at all), but the program crashed when I tried that, closing without warning. I wish I had a quad core, but I don't. Computer specs are in an image below, as are my Daz render settins and the main warning I keep getting. I tried to recreate the other warning but Daz won't give me that either. I am wondering if I should uninstall and reinstall except I do not look forward to reinstalling the content, it's a pain to have to keep doing that.

Daz_Warning_1.jpg
    1392 x 1080 - 34K
    Daz_Settings_2.jpg
    1392 x 1080 - 57K
    Daz_Settings_1.jpg
    1392 x 1080 - 62K
    Post edited by Faeryl Womyn on
    edited December 1969

Oh, I never get an error message like that, just a case of random CTD or an occasional blue screen of death.

I gave my PC a bit of a spring clean yesterday... took off the case and hoovered the dust. I also cleared about 200GB of junk from my hard drive (games, movies etc), and it's flying now, so i must've just had a clogged machine.

I also reduced my bucket size to 8 for good measure, and so far, so good.

edited December 1969

my bucket size was set to 8 when the problem first appeared. I am always cleaning stuff off the computer, the harddrive is not the terabyte my son has...lol...so have to constantly free up space, I burn every thing to disk so I always have it and keep the computer free. I recently installed Antivir antivirus program and I wonder if that's what's causing the problem. Had AVGt on but lately that had not been working like it should.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

I see from your specs that you only have 2GB of RAM, and the error message mentions a memory error, that is the problem I think.

You only have 2GB of main memory, and the OS uses a lot of that to begin with. Sorry for the bad news.

edited December 1969

Oh really? My annual AVG Internet Security just expired and I changed to their free version just yesterday... maybe it's playing funny buggers with us.

edited December 1969

I can't get a 4gig graphics card right now, as I believe that is what you are referring to, so I have no choice but to install version 3 pro as I have that from the disk from 3D World, possible problem is the current plugins are now updated for the current version of Daz and will not work with version 3, that is a real pain in the backside (sites that don't allow slang and swearing can annoy me just as much...lol).

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

If you got DS3A from a magazine, you should get in touch with Support, so that it can be added to you Itmeised Orde History, then you would have access to any DS3 plugins that are available. If you have bought any plugins for it, you should still be able to get the DS3 versions anyway.

It is not the Graphics card, it is the main RAM which is 2GB, so it is not a lot of memory to work with. You would really need to have as few processes as possible loaded so that you have the maximum amount of RAM left. When you load DAZ Studio, you can look in the Task Manager to see how much RAM is being used, and how much you have left. It would probably be best to save the scene, exit from DS3, run it again, and load the scene before rendering.

• Digital Lite DesignDigital Lite Design Posts: 728
    edited December 1969

Also, what plug-ins are you running? For example, Reality, Luxux, Octane? If you have any of those, if you disable them (Help>About Plugins) do you still have the issues?

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

No, it isn't your graphics card, CalieVee, your computer have 2 GB's of memory - and that's it. The operating system uses around 1 GB, if you're unlucky. I checked google and found a thread about Vista, and how much memory it consumes:

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1174693

And how much DAZ Studio uses depend on the scene you creates. But from the onset a typical scene can consume anywhere from 200 MB's up to 4-5 GB's, if there's a lot in the scene. So, you're looking at how much free memory you have before you render by pointing down at the taskbar with your mouse, right-click and select "Task Manager". It'll tell you how much you have left.

edited April 2013

Unfortunately I am stuck with Vista, though have a friend who is willing to switch it to XP, after we get my son's computer up and running again, cause most of his online games don't like XP. I can ask this friend about the fact I have dual core and see if he has any idea's about ram usage and how I can manipulate it to my benefit.

As to the scene's I am doing, already found out this machine don't like it when I use shaders. The only plugin I have paid for is Dynamics, the rest are whatever free one's I can use depending on the machine and program version. I thought if I removed the shader lights and used normal one's that would fix the problem but it still crashed. I tried saving the scene and then restarting Daz and render the image, but still crashed. I went through task manager to see if there was anything I could shut down, but I have never been able to find a list of things I don't need running. After recently changing anti virus programs, maybe I could try disconnecting from the interenet and then shutting down the anti virus program and try to render then, as I know some of them can be a resource hog as well.

The scene itself is the new Maman item that recently entered the store and was on sale, then added Lisa's Grass freebie from a while ago, I used Genesis with a free morph that didn't include the morph packages and Danae's Lyon character textures, that was all except for the lights. It was actually a really simple scene and should not have caused any problems. I managed to get an image with Julie using the same character texture and dynamic clothes and normal lights and other then to get the error once, I was able to render it.

Forgot to mention I had D3 installed before (not on this computer though) and should still have the serial number in my accounts list. Or I could just register it again, as I have had to do that before.

edited April 2013

I just checked the requirements to run Daz on a 32 bit machine and for all intense and purposes, I should be able to run the program. If you compare the requirements to the image I have of my computer specs, it appears I have what I need to run Daz 4.5

Intel Dual Core (or equivalent) or greater ....I have this
    1.6 GHz (2 GHz dual core or faster recommended) .... I have 2.2
    Windows 7, Vista, or XP (Windows 7 recommended) .... I have Vista
    1 GB RAM min (2GB+ recommended) ... I have 2 gigs
    1GB free hard drive space for installation ... I have a few hundred
    OpenGL 1.6 compatible graphics card with at least 128 MB RAM (Hardware accelerated OpenGL 2.2, or higher, compatible recommended with 512MB RAM) .... This is my graphics card...NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430
    DirectX 9 (used for audio processing only) ... All updated

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited April 2013

I have removed your image,as you were showing a serial numbers that should be blacked out (windows serial) Please repost the screen shot with the number at the bottom blacked out.

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

Ooops thanks Cho, wasn't paying attention, guess it's time for bed...lol

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,556
    edited December 1969

2GB RAM is sufficent for some scenes, but way to low for some new items with huge textures and many polygons, and of you then render with some reflections you will be in trouble.

I think you should get some more RAM for your machine, not VRAM, but RAM. VRAM (for video card) is not an issue here, but on board system RAM is.

edited December 1969

Ok the current computer I am using is HP dual core slimline and I have a Dell dual core more or less on it's way here. I as yet don't know which is the better one. The better one will be the main one and should be able to use the ram from the HP in Dell, or vice verse, if it's compatible. I will definitely be adding the P4 and dual core drives to the better one for more space. The P4 has XP pro on it and a friend is going to put it on the dual core I use, that should solve the memory issue for the time being, he also knows about taking drives from one and putting in another and making sure they work (gotta love the fact I know so many geeks...lol), I will ask him about the ram as well. I don't see the point in buying ram and video cards now when I plan on getting a dual quad, need to save my money. So long as I can get one of these computers to work with the current programs, I will be happy till I get the dual quad. I will not be able to use the video cards of one in another due to them both being on board cards, I really hate integrated stuff...lol

Everyone has been very helpful and I appreciate the help...thank you so much, I learned a lot.