Bryce is Still My Fav

IceScribeIceScribe Posts: 690
edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

I have to say, I still enjoy composing and rendering scenes in Bryce. Honestly? I don't know how in DAZ Studio. With the recent and more recent upgrades, I keep seeing way too technical fixes for me to grasp for clothes that don't fit, or poses gone awry. As long as I can pose in DAZ 3,or get away with some kit bashing, DAZ 4.0 does ok for me, I will continue to use Bryce for composing and rendering. I like how Bryce renders in general.

Generally, I post at Renderosity where they provide a personal gallery. As another poster mentioned in a different forum, I'm a little put off by the name of deviantArt, so I haven't got an account there. I have a Photobucket account, but it's the freebie so everything is mashed to a certain size. I was posting some stuff in the Render thread, but it seems chaotic with so many diverse approaches, topics, skill, etc. So far, I've been working on two projects for a while. I haven't really decided how to present them. I don't know much about graphic novels, or book publishing but it seems like that is where I am wandering. Not true graphic novels--as you can see, I enjoy words, LOL!

It's been a while since I posted. I was working on a laundry project when inexplicably the kind artist who offered to make some laundry objs for me disappeared. Life goes on, who knows what came up for her. But that kind of set me back. I wondered if it was me, but of course it was mostly likely a real life event that needed tending. I don't do social networks, so I'm maybe not the easiest communicator. But I want folks to know that I heartily endorse Bryce and will continue to use it as long as any components of my computer will let me!

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

IceScribe said:
    I have to say, I still enjoy composing and rendering scenes in Bryce. Honestly? I don't know how in DAZ Studio. With the recent and more recent upgrades, I keep seeing way too technical fixes for me to grasp for clothes that don't fit, or poses gone awry. As long as I can pose in DAZ 3,or get away with some kit bashing, DAZ 4.0 does ok for me, I will continue to use Bryce for composing and rendering. I like how Bryce renders in general.

Generally, I post at Renderosity where they provide a personal gallery. As another poster mentioned in a different forum, I'm a little put off by the name of deviantArt, so I haven't got an account there. I have a Photobucket account, but it's the freebie so everything is mashed to a certain size. I was posting some stuff in the Render thread, but it seems chaotic with so many diverse approaches, topics, skill, etc. So far, I've been working on two projects for a while. I haven't really decided how to present them. I don't know much about graphic novels, or book publishing but it seems like that is where I am wandering. Not true graphic novels--as you can see, I enjoy words, LOL!

It's been a while since I posted. I was working on a laundry project when inexplicably the kind artist who offered to make some laundry objs for me disappeared. Life goes on, who knows what came up for her. But that kind of set me back. I wondered if it was me, but of course it was mostly likely a real life event that needed tending. I don't do social networks, so I'm maybe not the easiest communicator. But I want folks to know that I heartily endorse Bryce and will continue to use it as long as any components of my computer will let me!

What a super post. Glad you are still Brycing away.

BTW a lot of people are posting "Portfolio" type threads in the Art Studio Forum showcasing their work until such time as DAZ 3D finally implements the on site Galleries they are promising us.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/categories/2/

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,237
    edited December 1969

@IceScribe - I may suggest www.bryce5.com where several of us post our works. It is a free and very friendly gallery and we use to help each other with tips. max picture size is 1920 x 1920 pixels, 2 MB; thumbnails 250 x 250 pixels, 128 KB. have a look and register if you think that would be the place to show your artwork.

• IceScribeIceScribe Posts: 690
    edited December 1969

@Chohole,
    Thank you for for suggesting the Daz Artist forum. Of course, I went there and have spent time I should have been doing something else browsing through and enjoying all the varieties of works there. That looks good to post there, for my renders with more of the DAZ featured objects.

@Horo,
    thank you for the invitation to Bryce 5. Of course, I spent too much time right now browsing through some of the galleries there. I think that looks is a good place for my Bryce renders. too.

Please don't get me wrong----I love seeing other people's work and what can be done in Bryce. I am always amazed by the sheer creativity. It's just that in real life, the home insurance guy has to come today and I should be tidying or something.