DAZ Monster and Creature Render Contest

14567810»

Comments

• GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,489
    edited December 1969

Congrats to the winners. I really liked this contest and hope to see it's like again. Next time, please don't extend the deadline. It's somewhat unfair to those who busted it to meet the original deadline. My .02.

• StorypilotStorypilot Posts: 1,660
    edited December 1969

Big congrats to hole, Sasje, Vanguard, Zawarkal, scorpio64dragon, and tjohn! Your work is inspiring.

Very fun and unexpected to see the Undead Donut get recognized, thank you. :) A lot of really great work by everyone. Hope to see more contests like this, it was fun.

• DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,820
    edited December 1969

Greybro said:
    Congrats to the winners. I really liked this contest and hope to see it's like again. Next time, please don't extend the deadline. It's somewhat unfair to those who busted it to meet the original deadline. My .02.

The contest was extended as we had a family emergency come up right in the middle of the contest and I had to go out of town so it was either do that or cancel it all together or make everyone wait for 2 weeks till I got back. Then once I did come back we had a family emergency on my husband's side of the family (which is what we are leaving for tonight)

I am sorry if this caused any inconvenience but since it was us personally who chose to do the contest, get the sponsors, find judges etc, we did sort of need to both be present (myself and hubby) to do the contest and I hadn't planned on an emergency coming up...

edited December 1969

On topic, I thought I was going to be able to do the gift certificates tonight but we are running really late to leave to get to where we need to go (we are driving) so I will do it sometime tomorrow or Wednesday instead. May be better to do them at the same time as I send on the product choices to DAZ3D anyway. Sorry about that though, I did intend to try and get them done before we left but as I am working while we are gone, they will still get done in the next day or so :)

BIG BIG HUGS!! and sorry about that :(

• EmsimEmsim Posts: 234
    edited December 1969

Congratulations to the winners! There were a lot of amazing renders in this one... and a lot of creatures I wouldn't want to run into! :bug: :lol:

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,054
    edited December 1969

On topic, I thought I was going to be able to do the gift certificates tonight but we are running really late to leave to get to where we need to go (we are driving) so I will do it sometime tomorrow or Wednesday instead. May be better to do them at the same time as I send on the product choices to DAZ3D anyway. Sorry about that though, I did intend to try and get them done before we left but as I am working while we are gone, they will still get done in the next day or so :)

BIG BIG HUGS!! and sorry about that :(

No worries! Take care.
  • Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823
    edited December 1969

Greybro said:

The contest was extended as we had a family emergency come up right in the middle of the contest and I had to go out of town so it was either do that or cancel it all together or make everyone wait for 2 weeks till I got back. Then once I did come back we had a family emergency on my husband's side of the family (which is what we are leaving for tonight)

I am sorry if this caused any inconvenience but since it was us personally who chose to do the contest, get the sponsors, find judges etc, we did sort of need to both be present (myself and hubby) to do the contest and I hadn't planned on an emergency coming up...

Don't worry about it Ann (and Frank) Things like that can never be planned for I'm afraid. I do hope everything works out allright, considering the circumstances (family emergency never cease to bring a shiver down my pine) *sends many hugs to you both and the kid (kids?)

/C

• PschelfhPschelfh Posts: 261
    edited December 1969

Congrats to the winners, great work of everyone who contributed.

And thanks to DAZ for organizing this fun contest, please do more of these! ;)

Peter.

• VanguardVanguard Posts: 481
    edited July 2013

Thanks to Ann and Frank for organizing this contest and to all the prize donors. Very generous prizes!

It was a lot of fun and got me thinking "outside the box" and trying new things. Very inspirational.

Congrats to everyone that participated. The entries were great. I would have hated to have been a judge.

Post edited by Vanguard on
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,341
    edited December 1969

Thank you.

Congrats to the other winners and to everyone for some awesome creepy images.

• SasjeSasje Posts: 835
    edited December 1969

Wooow!! Thank you.:-) :-)
    Also congrats to the other winners and not forget the other people in the contest with great renders
    And thanks to the organization for this contest and prize donors for the very generous prizes.
    It was fun to do

• zawarkalzawarkal Posts: 1,018
    edited December 1969

Congratulations to all the winners! There were so many great characters and images that I had all but given up. I was quite surprised to see that my name was in the list. Thank you.

• OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548
    edited December 1969

Forgot to thank you guys for hosting a fun contest. It was great.

• ghastlycomicghastlycomic Posts: 2,528
    edited December 1969

This is a WIP but I got bored and started doodling in Sculptris and ended up making a Tree Shepard. When I get him finished he'll be a freebee.

tree_shepard_2.jpg
    1000 x 1250 - 275K
  • SockrateaseSockratease Posts: 813
    edited July 2013

Hope the family emergencies get resolved soon. They suck.

Congrats to the winners!

A fun contest. We gots to do it again someday/

Lovey-Cthulhu already knows the winners. He read your mind!

But, being so very Evil, he refuses to tell me!!

shouldn't that be COW-thulu?

Aaaaahh... That is what made my render so scary! There were no Cows in it at all!!

I thought that would be terrifying enough to win something.

Post edited by Sockratease on
  • Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,337
    edited December 1969

@Ann and Frank, sorry to hear about the family emergencies! :(

@LycanthropeX, regardless of the results, yours is an awesome image. I always enjoy your work and it was fun to see what you can do with the Genesis figure.

@ghastlycomic: looks very cool! Wonder if there's any leafy hair available...?

• HoleHole Posts: 119
    edited December 1969

Wow...not what I expected. I'm still in shock lol.

A big thanks to everyone involved in putting this contest together and to all the participants. It was really fun, I learned a lot from the many many many mistakes I made while trying to get the image I wanted.

Best of luck to Ann and Frank with your family, I really appreciate what you've done for us. :)

p.s.

Bring back the creeper. :P

edited December 1969

We made it to Georgia OK (which was where we were headed LOL) On topic, as promised, I got all the contest Gift Certificate prizes done from DAZ3D as well as from us. They were added to your accounts. If you have any trouble finding it, need help knowing how to use it, or don't see it there, please let me know!

The other prizes (downloadable ones) will be put in your accounts once I get the choices from all the winners (so I can send them all in at one time.) I have an PM from one winner so far so just waiting for the other two. Ill post once Ive gotten them all and sent them in :)

HUGS!! and sorry for the delay!

edited December 1969

OK I lied, I've now heard from two of the winners so just waiting on one more :) Which I am guessing I will hear from very soon :) So the list should get turned in tomorrow I am betting and then give another couple days for them to get them into the accounts :)

HUGS!!

• HoleHole Posts: 119
    edited December 1969

OK I lied, I've now heard from two of the winners so just waiting on one more :) Which I am guessing I will hear from very soon :) So the list should get turned in tomorrow I am betting and then give another couple days for them to get them into the accounts :)

HUGS!!

If I'm the one you are waiting for, I sent the pm but my control panel is saying "- Sent (0)"
    Opera has been a bit flakey with the Daz site for me lately, I had problems previewing the message and that Cloudflare problem kicks me off all the time, even when trying to log in. :(

If you didn't get it, I can resend with Chrome.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,054
    edited December 1969

We made it to Georgia OK (which was where we were headed LOL) On topic, as promised, I got all the contest Gift Certificate prizes done from DAZ3D as well as from us. They were added to your accounts. If you have any trouble finding it, need help knowing how to use it, or don't see it there, please let me know!

The other prizes (downloadable ones) will be put in your accounts once I get the choices from all the winners (so I can send them all in at one time.) I have an PM from one winner so far so just waiting for the other two. Ill post once Ive gotten them all and sent them in :)

HUGS!! and sorry for the delay!

Loot received! Thank you, Ann. :cheese:
  • ghastlycomicghastlycomic Posts: 2,528
    edited December 1969

@Ann and Frank, sorry to hear about the family emergencies! :(

@LycanthropeX, regardless of the results, yours is an awesome image. I always enjoy your work and it was fun to see what you can do with the Genesis figure.

@ghastlycomic: looks very cool! Wonder if there's any leafy hair available...?

Yeah leafy hair and body branches is the next part I'm working on. When I get that finished it'll all be up on Share CG as a package.

edited July 2013

OK I received the lists from everyone and have sent the Product Prize choice lists to DAZ3D to add the products to your accounts. Please give them a few days to get those done as the lists usually take a while to do :)

THANKS! and HUGS!!

Post edited by DAZ_ann0314 on
    edited December 1969

Re-posting here as the PM thing was acting up for me for some reason and I wanted to be sure the winners got this....

I just spoke with DAZ3D and apparently they have changed how they do this a little bit which I didn't realize (so sorry about that) Britney said to have you add the packs you chose into your carts (but don't check out...just add the items to your cart) and then let me know once you have and she will process it and put it through so you can get the packs

I am sorry for any inconvenience ...If you need the list of your choices sent to you (they are in the PM I sent if you get it ok LOL) let me know and I can always email them to you etc. Again I am terribly sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. If you have any questions, please let me know!

ann

edited December 1969

OK everyone should now have all their prizes, if you don't, please contact me via PM :) Those who won products, they should be now in your purchase history etc :)