anyone lucky showing stuff in smart tab?

2»

Comments

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,970
    edited February 2018

I had earlier ones, too... but once I installed 4.10, they 'left' my product library.  It just shows DAZ Studio 4.x in the list and when you click on that the product description comes up as 4.10.  Previous related beta items, etc are labelled inactive.  But I have 4.8 which I had saved and have installed it no problem. It's getting the Smart Content back for Carrara and DS 4.8. I use DS to change G3 items to blended weight to use on Misty's G3 figures. 

Just be careful!  You do so much for the community, don't want you in the deep poo!  crying Silene

ETA:  I am thinking that because I got the Genesis 8 stuff which came along with 4.10 and it needs that version for some of the items to work properly, then previous versions were removed as they would not allow the latest content to work properly?  But at least I would have thought they'd have left 4.9 in there.  No matter... rebuilding over the next few days.

Post edited by SileneUK on
  • Ahh, very clear, thanks Silene!  If it takes 4.10 to run G8, then no G8 for me, sorry Misty. :(

edited February 2018

Ahh, very clear, thanks Silene!  If it takes 4.10 to run G8, then no G8 for me, sorry Misty. :(

I don't know that for sure, was just guessing as I had not 'gone' to G8 yet. Vysur had done some cool work, too on it.  Oh dear.   Maybe 4.9 was enough? I had 4.9 and I think I recall seeing the G8 stuff in there. It's all a bit of a blur right now. I might try G8 later once I get all this fixed. Maybe it's the fibremesh stuff? Anyone?

G3 is not a problem so far for 4.8... and I am happy to play with her G3 figures as they take up so much less filespace than a G2. And in Carrara, I can dress them in almost anything for previous generations, too. Just need to do the blended weight rigging and save for specific G3 items you want to use on Misty's G3s.

cheeky Silene

• 3drendero3drendero Posts: 2,024

Nope, 4.10 is the only I have.

Can you find any 4.x version older than 4.9?

edited February 2018
    3drendero said:

Nope, 4.10 is the only I have.

Can you find any 4.x version older than 4.9?

Are you 64 bit? See your message inbox! smiley Silene

ETA:  Wish they would just leave the older version in the product library, would save a lot of aggro for Carrara users who could roll back if 4.10 broke Smart Content for them.  

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

i've run g8 in 4.9, last years version.  click okay to the warning message.  

4.10 is for the dforce and the power pose features

smiley

playin with cloth sims tnite.  hafta run thru the basics once in a while or i forget how

After one week, still no word from DAZ3D support.
    They wrote up to 10 work days for a response and by the looks of it...

3drendero said:

After one week, still no word from DAZ3D support.
    They wrote up to 10 work days for a response and by the looks of it...

Yes, I got the same.  I was heartened that they had a category for asking for previous editions of stuff, so maybe it will be sorted quickly and I can get my GoZ for DAZ to work again as the 4.10 one is all that is in the Product Library now. The previous bets one is inactive. 

Sigh....frown Silene

edited March 2018

Alright, 8 workdays later the supports answers and says they can provide DS 4.7 in special cases.

Still don't have it, but will get it hopefully soon.

There you go, if Smart content stops working in Carrara and you are using DS 4.9 or newer:
    -Use your database backup to restore the database or install an older copy of Daz Studio.
    -Don't have a backup, ask Daz support for an older copy of DS and wait for a few weeks.

Post edited by 3drendero on

daz knows the scene tab not working no mores?

• chickenmanchickenman Posts: 1,202

The  only way fro me to get it working for everything is to redownload all 8000 items and reinstall them all again then smart content tab works.

So until then I will use DIM to see what i have then do it when I want to use the item.

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988

mine works... though I don't use it much and I have the latest Carrara version and DS version installed... frown  surprise

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

+1

Stezza said:

mine works... though I don't use it much and I have the latest Carrara version and DS version installed... frown  surprise

???surprise

is it a mac / windows thing?

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588
    Mistara said:

???surprise

is it a mac / windows thing?

I'd like to know this as well.  I'm using windows, and thought that 4.10 was death to smart content.

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988

Windows 10 Pro64 here ... beats me surprise

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

Mac OS 10.13.3 (High Sierra) / DS 4.10.0.123, and mine works. yes

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037
    edited March 2018

well my beta that uses the Postgreysquirrel seems to

selects matching wardrobe too

Capture.JPG
    1936 x 1048 - 342K
    Capture.JPG
    1936 x 1048 - 392K
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • chickenmanchickenman Posts: 1,202

What happend to me was the upgrade to studio 4.10 occurred. I thought I would open up Studio and  see what the DForce thing was about. it indicated converting CMS ok it finnished and all was good in studio.

Go back to Carrara and there is nothing in smart content.

Went to DIM and uninstalled an item and reinstalled and it appeared in smart tab again.

Then I went back to studio and did the old trick of reset the DB reimporting the metadata this did nothing for me. 

All works fine in studio and everything shows up. In Carrara that is a different story I only see what I have newly installed since the update. So if I know I have something i now have to uninstall it redown load it and reinstall it.

I am not about to do that for 8000 items just so I can see it in smart content.

i just want to see the tags i manually enter.  tagged carrara friendly

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588

What happend to me was the upgrade to studio 4.10 occurred. I thought I would open up Studio and  see what the DForce thing was about. it indicated converting CMS ok it finnished and all was good in studio.

What's missing here is that many others have also downloaded 4.10 and their smart content seems to work fine.  Something else is apparently happening, and the question is...what?

edited March 2018

What's missing here is that many others have also downloaded 4.10 and their smart content seems to work fine.  Something else is apparently happening, and the question is...what?

Sorry to bump this up... but I did the same as Chickenman with the same result (upgrade 4.9 to 4.10).  I am running Windows 7 64bit.  I did get onto DAZ about it and they responded that I could not have a legacy version of the GoZ plugin back again to use with 4.8 as I use it all the time.  (I uninstalled 4.10)

They suggested I load the beta version of 4.10 next to my 4.8 (I had saved that installation luckily, but not 4.9) so I could get the GoZ that works with 4.10.  It does!  I can have both 4.10 and 4.8 side-by-side and my Carrara Smart Content is fine. I still have a lot of uploading to do, but the important stuff seems to be working. Very time consuming though!

I am thinking that additional plugins like LAMH and the Catalyzer need to be manually installed into the other of the versions. EG, DIM put it in 4.8 originally, so it would not do it again via DIM into 4.10, so I did it manually and it works fine.

Am taking some time doing this as I am going to now load 3rd party content into their own runtimes if possible. I think I saw where board veterans here do that.

Anywhooo... all time consuming and trying to fit it in between eye appointments and stuff. I also have to resurrect past Carrara projects and relink texture files as they don't automatically relink for local files, even if in the same place as before in the library!  I think I will go back to the way I did it with my old machine. I had Carrara file textures saved to a project file on an external drive. A bit of a faff, but will not affect future reinstallations of DS.

Oh well... it's Easter weekend and there's always lots of chocolate around!

cheeky Silene

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    SileneUK said:
    I am thinking that additional plugins like LAMH and the Catalyzer need to be manually installed into the other of the versions. EG, DIM put it in 4.8 originally, so it would not do it again via DIM into 4.10, so I did it manually and it works fine.

That's not quite how it works — if that was the first time you installed a 4.x beta, then the plugin modules will only exist in the full release program folder, since DIM installs the release and beta into independent, separate folders. What you needed to do was uninstall (through DIM) then reinstall the plugins; the installer will pick up the existence of the new beta folder and place copies of the plugin modules in both locations.

SileneUK said:

That's not quite how it works — if that was the first time you installed a 4.x beta, then the plugin modules will only exist in the full release program folder, since DIM installs the release and beta into independent, separate folders. What you needed to do was uninstall (through DIM) then reinstall the plugins; the installer will pick up the existence of the new beta folder and place copies of the plugin modules in both locations.

Ah... got it.  Will file that for future.  I did not think to uninstall it from 4.8.  After being advised to add 4.10 beta, I did not think to uninstall the LAMH plugin then reinstall for it to go to both. I knew conent would have access to both, but did not think about the plugins in the same way.  Poking about in the dark I was!

Cheers for that!  yes Silene