WIP:YAToon 2.0

2»

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited August 2013

In This Killer Tutorial by the author of YaToon2, it seems that he's using the default render setting, and letting the scene effects do all of the work. Wow... a "Common Shadow" shader? How cool! I can hardly wait to try this.

EDIT:
    Oh man!
    He really details this out heavily! What an awesome service! When one of us gets a really good understanding of "what he really means to say" in those instructions, it would be nice if we could "answer his plea" to rewrite it for him in English - even though his example are so clearly made with illustrations, it's probably fine the way it is - Still, since he made this so nice, I hope that some of us could do as he asks and put it to proper wording.

Wow what great documentation!

Post edited by Dartanbeck on
  • 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,471
    edited August 2013

It depends on the look you want. You set the top shader seen above, and then for the look shown in this thread, there is basically a flat shader (provided by zgock), and a reference shader for the shadow slashes (a shader using caution pattern)

For the Render room, I changed nothing but I do use "Best" and 0.5 for Antialiasing and object accuracy, cause I am using thinner edge lines. It still render blazing fast.

TIP: If you make a common shadow shader (as his tut shows), create a primitive, assign that shader to it, and hide it. This way when you "remove unused shaders" it won't remove that common reference shader. Apparently being a reference shader is not enough to be considered being used. My shadow shader kept disappearing and I could not figure out why.

Post edited by 3dOutlaw on
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

3doutlaw said:

TIP: If you make a common shadow shader (as his tut shows), create a primitive, assign that shader to it, and hide it. This way when you "remove unused shaders" it won't remove that common reference shader. Apparently being a reference shader is not enough to be considered being used. My shadow shader kept disappearing and I could not figure out why.

Yeah, right! Heh... I remove unused all the time - I'd be like... wtf? lol

Very cool - so even at .05 and 'best' aa, it renders fast? Very cool.
    I am on the opposite end of the spectrum from toning right now, still working on my animated textures for moving sweat details on the skin, hair and clothing. Perhaps later today I can take some time to try this out. I'm thinking it will be a refreshing change! :)

Love what you've done so far! Freaking awesome! I may just switch to this entirely for my animation project.

• drmenardflanagandrmenardflanagan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

hey bro good job i mean it i use YATOON 2 all the time i also own TOON 3! but your is always easy going
    good to see ya back