Please help. Problem choosing version of DAZ Studio in Bryce causes error.

Bryson JackBryson Jack Posts: 57
edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

Hello all,
I am quite new to both DAZ Studio Pro 4.6 and Bryce 7.1 Pro. I am able to send a model to Bryce via DAZ Studio just fine but when I try to go the other way and send something to DAZ Studio from Bryce, I get a Studio Bridge window that pops up asking me to "Choose the version of DAZ Studio to run".

The problem is that when I click on what appears to be a drop down menu called "Choose studio", nothing happens. I cannot make any selection. If I just click on the checkmark then I get an error that says "Error launching DAZ|Studio!".

I tried to find the answer to this on Google and it brought me to this forum where someone quite a while back had the same question / problem. ( http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/14856/ ). Unfortunately, I don't know if that person ever resolved their issue but there is no evidence of that in the thread and there were unfortunately no real solutions offered that have helped me.

Does anyone know why I cannot choose the correct version of DAZ or how I can fix this problem?

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Hmm, that is strange, unless it has something to do with the fact the DS was on an older version when Bryce 7 was released.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited July 2013

I think that you need to have the file 'dzInstall.ini' in Program Files(x86) > Common Files > DAZ.

It lists the application path for DAZ Studio (several versions) in the following format

[ApplicationPath]
    dzBryce7InstallDir=C:\Program Files (x86)\DAZ 3D\Bryce7Pro
    dzBryceIconGroup=DAZ 3D\Bryce7
    dzBryceInstallDir=C:\Users\JimmyC\Documents\DAZ 3D\Bryce\Presets
    dzHexagon2InstallDir=C:\Program Files (x86)\DAZ 3D\Hexagon2
    dzMimicLiteIconGroup=DAZ 3D\Mimic Lite
    dzMimicLiteInstallDir=C:\Program Files (x86)\DAZ\Mimic Lite
    dzMimicProIconGroup=DAZ 3D\Mimic Pro
    dzMimicProInstallDir=C:\Program Files (x86)\DAZ\Mimic Pro
    dzStudio3InstallDir=C:\Program Files (x86)\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio3
    dzStudio3InstallDir-64=C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio3
    dzStudio4InstallDir=C:\Program Files (x86)\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4
    dzStudio4InstallDir-64=C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4

It all works for me, and I think this is maybe what it uses.
    Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
  • Bryson JackBryson Jack Posts: 57
    edited December 1969

Weird, I have that .ini file and everything looks to be in order so I don't think that is the problem.